Details: Commensurate with experience
9159 Brookville Road
A Wider Circle is looking for an individual with a deep passion for working with people, educating them on issues related to poverty and inequality, leading them in daily work, and encouraging them to become more engaged in the movement to end poverty.
It is a position for someone with exceptional energy and who can work each day with an understanding of the impact that this role can have on others with respect to creating change.
The work of A Wider Circle continues to grow in every way, due in large part to the tremendous support of individuals, businesses, and other groups that volunteer here. Approximately 30,000 children and adults volunteer at A Wider Circle each year. The individual in this position will work closely with our other volunteer leaders to expand our efforts and ensure that the entire community – people of all ages – can engage in meaningful and dynamic ways.
- Work closely with individual volunteers, corporate groups, school groups, and others from the community and across the United States
- Attend fairs and other events to recruit volunteers and to present our work in various settings
- Provide orientations and tours for individuals and groups, including speaking of our mission and the myriad aspects of our operations
- Assist in the creation of daily volunteer work plans
- Assess organizational needs and assign volunteer tasks accordingly
- Maintain awareness of the functioning of each of our programs, keeping a “total” organizational perspective
- Minimum three years of professional experience, preferably including leadership experience
- A strong commitment to engaging individuals and groups in the movement to end poverty
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, including problem solving and handling large volumes of volunteers
- Ability to bring a collected energy, strong leadership, and a professional demeanor to the work
- Ability to speak articulately and with inspiration to corporations, community groups, and more
- Excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills
We offer health insurance, retirement, voluntary benefits, professional development opportunities, and more.
Minimum Education Required