Job Summary: Under general direction of the Housing Director, the Assistant Project Manager provides substantive project support to the Housing Director, Project and Construction Managers, and will manage basic development projects as needed. There are some administrative responsibilities along with project responsibilities. The APM position requires someone knowledgeable or interested in affordable housing development, and success in the position may lead to Project or Construction Management positions.
Status: Full-time, Nonexempt
Location: Russian Hill Neighborhood, San Francisco
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and occasional nights and weekends
Salary: DOE; Comprehensive benefits
The Organization: A private non-profit founded in 1977, Chinatown Community Development Center believes in a comprehensive vision of community. We manage 29 affordable housing buildings serving over 2,800 low-income seniors, single adults, formerly homeless adults, and families of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds in San Francisco's Chinatown, Tenderloin, Western Addition, and Polk Gulch neighborhoods. We also build housing, develop grassroots leadership, and engage low-income residents and youth. Our employees are passionate about the mission; thrive in a family organizational culture; and embody values of empowerment, teamwork, and compassion. Chinatown CDC serves a diverse population and is committed to hiring practices that provide culturally competent services. We encourage people of color to apply.
• Provide substantive assistance to Project and Construction Managers and Housing Director with housing and community facilities development, including funding applications and consultant/contractor selection processes
• Manage basic development projects, including capital improvements to properties owned by Chinatown CDC and its affiliates:
• Prepare, manage, and analyze development and operating budgets and schedules
• Make applications to local, state, and federal institutions for grants and/or financing. Comply with funders' requirements and/or guidelines in all aspects of development
• Review and interpret loan documents and regulatory agreements as well as other contractual documents
• Coordinate, attend, and facilitate project-related meetings as necessary
• Interact with local community groups as needed during planning, development, and/or rehabilitation of projects
• Provide regular communication to Chinatown CDC staff and Board on status of projects
• Research and compile information for reporting, marketing and funding requests, including creating and updating project information sheets
• Participate in housing and land use advocacy and policy initiatives and collaborations.
• File, copy, other general office duties as requested
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational practices and careful attention to detail.
• Strong problem-solving skills and consistent attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize tasks
• Ability to work under time pressures and meet multiple deadlines
• Flexibility to undertake a variety of tasks
• Two years' experience in housing development or construction/rehabilitation management or related field or Bachelor's degree in planning, community development, urban studies, or other related field, or equivalent
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong organizational skills
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet
• Three years' experience in affordable housing development or construction/rehabilitation management or related field
• Masters Degree in City Planning or field related to housing development
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please click on the link or visit our website at www.chinatowncdc.org to complete an online application.