1590 Park Avenue
About Hot Bread Kitchen Hot Bread Kitchen is a non-profit social enterprise that creates economic opportunity through careers in food. We achieve our mission through our two main programs: Bakers in Training, an intensive, paid on-the-job training program in bread-baking in our commercial bakery for low-income and immigrant women who face significant barriers to employment; and HBK Incubates, a culinary incubator that provides licensed commercial kitchen access and business development support for food entrepreneurs.
About the Role As Hot Bread Kitchen prepares to scale its bakery operations and both programs, this dynamic individual will help maintain ongoing accounting operations and identify opportunities for better financial statement reporting and financial analysis. This individual will need strong technical skills and the ability to think critically about financial information and process improvements. S/he should be ready to become an integral part of the finance team daily operations and where needed help build efficiency and standardization into the workflows . Reporting directly to the Finance Director this individual will be an integral part of the accounting and finance function.
Maintain accounting system and implement new accounting procedures
• Maintain chart of accounts, general ledger, including adjusting and closing entries
• Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
• Supervise the processing of accounts receivables and accounts payable transactions
• Supervise vendor payments and customer collections
• Assist with payroll administration
• Reconcile all bank accounts and preparation of weekly cash position
• Maintain accounting handbook and continually update as efficiencies are identified and implemented
• Meet monthly with Finance Director and Executive Director to review financial statements
Skills and Experience
• 3-5 years of finance and accounting experience, including financial modeling and non-profit recordkeeping
• Strong technical skills in financial modeling, forecasting, budgeting and financial management
• Ability to effectively and clearly communicate across departments
• Flexibility to adapt to new situations, including learning new software
• Advanced Excel and Quickbooks experience and knowledge
• Ability to adapt quickly and effectively balance competing demands
Schedule: There is some flexibility in determining the schedule for an hourly paid position for 30 hours/week or a full time salaried position. After 90 days of position start, there is some flexibility for working from home 1-2 days a week.
To apply : Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements and should be sent to: HR@hotbreadkitchen.org. Please include “Senior Accountant” - Your Name” in the subject line. Hot Bread Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements and should be sent to: HR@hotbreadkitchen.org. Please include “Senior Accountant” - Your Name” in the subject line.
Bread Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.