287 Columbus Avenue
City Year Boston is seeking a detail and process-oriented Development Operations Coordinator to ensure the Development Department’s day-to-day operations are functioning smoothly and efficiently. This role requires the Coordinator to plan ahead, anticipate challenges, coordinate resources and communicate processes and procedures with staff. The Development Operations Coordinator is responsible for supporting annual and quarterly fundraising goals, as well as helping to identify, cultivate, and steward a diverse base of donors. This position will report to the Director of Development Operations and work closely with all members of the development team.
The Development Operations Coordinator will contribute to sustainable development efforts by assisting the team with preparing for solicitations, researching donors and tracking gifts. This position will also work closely with City Year Boston’s External Affairs team to leverage outreach events and opportunities to meaningfully engage current and potential donors and sponsors. In total, the City Year Boston Development team is responsible for securing $8.3 million or more in private revenue individuals, corporations and foundations during the next fiscal year. City Year Boston’s scaled impact plan projects a growth in program size that would increase this private revenue goal to $13 million and allow us to support more students and schools in Boston.
- Ensure fundraising data integrity and effective revenue and pipeline reporting by maintaining donor accounts in our database (Sales Force) and confirming that all relevant information is accurately recorded and updated.
- Collaborate with City Year, Inc.’s Gift Processing team to ensure that all gifts for City Year Boston are processed efficiently and accurately.
- Support members of the development team with solicitation and stewardship mailings, emails, and phone campaigns.
- Assist the Development team with the preparation and execution of special events, including City Year Boston’s Red Jacket Weekend, three Specialty Market Events (Legal Community Breakfast, Investment Community Breakfast, Women’s Leadership Breakfast), Annual Gala (Starry Night) and other events.
- Contribute to the continued growth and success of City Year Boston’s committee engagement efforts by supporting the Development team’s work with the three Specialty Market Breakfast and Annual Gala committees, Seven Generations Board, the Ambassador Circle and other committees.
- Provide prospect research to support individual, corporate and foundation prospecting.
- Collaborate with the all members of the development team and the Executive Director to secure meetings with current and prospective donors; support team with meeting preparation, research and logistics for visits and sales calls.
- Draft communications for the development team to increase engagement with current donors and sponsors and cultivate prospects.
- Collaborate with City Year Boston’s External Affairs team to create Development Team collateral (emails, graphics, other materials as needed).
- Represent City Year Boston powerfully at local corporate and community functions.
- Contribute to the intellectual and organizational capacity of City Year Boston by staying apprised of local and national trends in national service, public education and fundraising.
- Two or more years of professional experience, preferably in fundraising for a non-profit or educational organization, with proven ability to meet or exceed goals.
- Strong base of knowledge of fundraising.
- Experience using SalesForce or other donor/relationship management software.
- Experience in Adobe, Creative Suite, In Design is helpful.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with an ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and think critically.
- Deep understanding of City Year’s mission and the national service movement is helpful.
- Strong connection to the values of servant leadership, belief in the power of young people, social justice, empathy, inclusivity, teamwork and excellence.
- City Year and AmeriCorps alumni are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.