Classroom Champions is seeking someone for a temporary, full-time position to join our management team. This position will be responsible for the leadership of the Growth & Reach Team; including partnerships, stewardship, events and fund development, as outlined below.
Classroom Champions offers a social and emotional learning (SEL) program that provides educators with turnkey K-8 SEL curricular resources by partnering students with Olympian, Paralympian, NCAA student-athlete, and professional athlete role models, while supporting teachers and engaging families.
This is a maternity leave position from May 15th 2021 to June 15th 2022.
Partnerships & Stakeholder Relations:
● Ownership of partnership engagement/activation for Classroom Champions; including supervision, guidance, and delegation of partnership activities as needed
● Leadership of communication with key partners and their stakeholders on programs activations
● Events & Stewardship
● Accountable for the development & evaluation of fund development plans and strategy, including execution and budget management.
● Lead, supervise and collaborate with fundraising staff/contractors
● Oversee/cultivate prospect research and corporate funding prospects.
● Support development and implementation of a donor cultivation program
Marketing & Communications
● Accountable for the development & evaluation of marketing plans and strategy and the department’s staff
● Responsible for tying marketing and communications into the broader work of the organization and support on lead generation efforts.
● Build brand awareness and positioning
● Storytelling & Social media channels
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
● Experience working and interacting directly with philanthropists, civic leaders, and high net worth donors
● Demonstrated ability to build and strategically lever relationships ranging from donors and supporters to board members to volunteers.
● Experience directing, supervising, managing employees/personnel or teams, including goal setting, performance reviews, mentoring, and professional development.
● Non‐profit experience including an understanding of non‐profit infrastructure, organizational development ‐ including but not limited to governance, fund development, financial management, and program evaluation.
● Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, including facilitation and contact management.
● Flexible team player ‐ able to work in an environment with overlapping program areas and staff responsibilities.
● Persuasive and professional writing, presentation, and communication skills.
● Well established project management skills with the ability to manage multiple demands in a dynamic and time-sensitive environment.
● Must be legally eligible to work for any employers in Canada or United States
● Post-secondary degree or equivalent
This position will report directly to the President & CEO and responsibilities may be subject to change.
Compensation will be based on experience.
Classroom Champions is a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting students with world-class athlete mentors. Classroom Champions supports students’ social and emotional learning (SEL) and academic achievement, and provides curriculum and mentorship programs to districts, schools, and teachers to encourage children to achieve successful futures. Working with 200+ Olympic, Paralympic, university student-athletes, and professional athletes who volunteer as mentors, Classroom Champions has provided more than $10,000,000 in scholarships to Title I, rural, and Indigenous communities across the continent. Students participating in Classroom Champions see significant improvements in the classroom, teachers see improved engagement, and athlete mentors learn new skills to prepare for life after sport. Learn more at: www.classroomchampions.org
To apply, please email:
1. A cover letter
Only candidates selected for next steps or interviews will be contacted.
Classroom Champions is seeking someone for a temporary, full-time position to join our management team. This position will be responsible for the leadership of the Growth & Reach Team; including partnerships, stewardship, events and…
English - Professional
English - Professional