Major responsibility is to deliver quality and developmentally appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events. This position will rotate to club sites based on need and as determined by the Director of Operations. Provide a safe, fun learning environment that enables a member to grow and develop into a responsible adult.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of BGCB core programs, activities, and events as directed.
- Provide supervision and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
- Participate in collaborative programs and events with staff from other clubhouse departments as well as staff from other BGCB clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate.
- Secure and maintain materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a safe and clean program area(s).
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Frequent travel between sites and to activities required.
- Other related duties as specified by the Director of Operations or Program Area Director.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand)
- High school degree or GED required.
- Direct experience providing recreation programs for youth.
- Knowledge of youth development principles.
- Must be or become CPR / FA certified.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate flexibility.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Valid Driver''s License required.