44 Canal Center Plaza
The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) provides leadership training and educational resources for law enforcement professionals. Courses include Leadership in Police Organizations, Women’s Leadership Institute, First-Line Leadership, and Police Facilities. All courses are taught by national subject matter experts.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for a comprehensive, coordinated approach to provide training services to include:
- Working closely with host agencies, partners and IACP staff to ensure scope of work and project delivery are meeting expectations
- Coordinating aspects of training delivery to include contract negotiation, registration, and on-site logistics coordination (when necessary)
- Maintain regular and clear communication with partners, host agencies, consultants, IACP staff members, and contacts at sites regarding training sessions and deliverables
- Develop programmatic agendas for and facilitate all on-site and all-site meetings
- Supervise team members as required
- Assess previously developed trainings and curricula updates
- Deliver customized technical assistance
- Recruit and coach a cadre of subject matter expert instructors
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, manage all programmatic, administrative and financial activities of the training programs
- Lead and manage partnerships with subcontractors
- Develop periodic progress reports for the IACP
- Develop budgets, financial forecasting and monitoring of project expenditures
- Fully account for contracted services, purchases and expenses incurred by project staff and consultants
- Coordinate educational presentations about the program and its resources; represent the program at national forums, federally sponsored working groups and events
- Perform additional duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in subject-relevant field required. Master’s degree preferred.
· Minimum of three (3) years program/project management experience. Knowledge of managing federal grants a plus
· Minimum of two (2) years of staff and/or consultant supervisory experience
· Experience working with law enforcement
Core knowledge and skill requirements:
· Superior writing, editing, and communication skills
· Analytical skills and ability to think through and troubleshoot problems from multiple perspectives
· Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
· Proficiency in MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and computer graphic & design skills a plus
· Report and document preparation experience
· Experience working collaboratively and productively with a team including law enforcement professionals and consultants, and within federal agency guidelines
- Occasional travel may be required
- This is a grant funded position for which continuation funding will be sought
The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) offers a generous benefits package to its core staff to include: Competitive Salary; Paid Annual & Sick Leave; 10 paid holidays per year; Health/Vision/Dental Coverage (premiums mostly paid by IACP); Life Insurance/AD&D, 2x salary (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Short & Long Term Disability Coverage (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Parking/Transportation Subsidy; 403 (B) Retirement Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Account – Medical & Dependent Care; Direct Deposit; Free Gym Access
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by August 17, 2018.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please apply using the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=fe5ffef1-6c09-4889-b9a0-392bec3239ea&jobId=256326&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001 -OR- apply through our website at www.theiacp.org. EOE M/F