Details: Competitive compensation and benefits
825 Eighth Avenue
An immediate opportunity is available for a Senior Accounting Analyst to assist in developing a strong control environment creating and overseeing processes and procedures that align with WNET’s accounting and reporting practices. The Senior Accounting Analyst should be a self – starter with strong knowledge of accounting practices capable of building relationships across business units.
Reporting to the Deputy Controller, Financial Reporting, the Senior Accounting Analyst is responsible for analyzing, summarizing and reporting the financial status of the WNET and its affiliates to management, and various governmental agencies. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the general ledger, internal and external financial reporting including survey administration, and Federal and states filing requirements. Specific responsibilities include :
· Plan and manage execution of all financial requirements and internal controls in an accurate and timely manner;
· Prepare various balance sheet and income statement account analysis and reconciliation;
· Investigate variances between current financial information, budget and prior periods;
· Review all journal entries for accuracy and completeness of documentation;
· Manage transactional postings to the general ledger to maintain accuracy and fiscal integrity;
· Develop management financial reporting tools to be utilized for management decision making;
· Prepare various audit schedules and assist in the annual audit requirements;
· Plan and coordinate stages of month-end and year-end close procedures;
· Enhance financial policies and procedures manual ensuring completeness and accuracy;
· Perform other special projects and duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have at least five (5) years Accounting/Finance experience including internal audit and a BA/BS in Accounting / Finance or equivalent experience. CPA is a plus. Candidates with experience in commercial and nonprofit environments including annual external reporting, Federal Forms 990 and 990-T and various state not-for-profit reporting are preferred.
The successful candidate will possess outstanding quantitative and analytical skills, strong accounting acumen and the ability to plan and manage the execution of strategic initiatives. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and accounting /productivity software (i.e. Workday, Lawson, Sage) will be needed as will excellent verbal, written, communication and organizational skills.
Minimum Education Required