The Giving Back Fund (GBF) is a national nonprofit organization that provides philanthropic consulting, management, and administrative services to professional athletes, celebrities, high net worth individuals, corporations, and anyone who truly desires to give back. We provide philanthropic consulting, management and administrative services while operating as a flexible, convenient vehicle for establishing individual foundations and fiscally sponsored projects under a governance structure similar to a community foundation. By offering a straightforward and cost-effective approach to philanthropy, high-level expertise, professional services, and carefully targeted giving opportunities, GBF helps those who want to give back to society and to the communities that have nurtured them.
Interested candidates should upload a resume and cover letter to Idealist or email application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Bookkeeper in the subject line. No phone calls please. Candidates who apply before Sunday, September 12, 2021 at 11:59 pm PST will be given preference.
The Giving Back Fund, Inc. is currently seeking to add a new team member, a Bookkeeper, who would be an integral member of our growing team. The Bookkeeper will handle financial and administrative aspects of the organization and report directly to the CFO. GBF is a busy organization with a relatively small staff making the bookkeeper position extremely important to the overall success of the organization. We are looking for someone with the right mixture of sound judgment, strong initiative, patience, creative problem-solving ability, and attention to detail who is adept at managing competing priorities. The bookkeeper will be required to think on their feet and be proactive.
- Manage the accounting cycle and provide full charge bookkeeping support to ensure AP/AR functions and reconciliations including but not limited to payment process, depositing of checks, and tracking 1099 vendors
- Implement day-to-day accounting activities, processing all financial transactions and reports through administrative systems, consistent with GBF’s policies and procedures including:
- Coding both revenue and expenses transactions with proper class and account code
- Accounting for intercompany transfers
- Creating and adjusting journal entries, such as prepaid and liabilities, credit card expense allocations, and revenue disbursement allocations
- Analyzing accounts and correcting errors
- Perform day-to-day bookkeeping, including inputting entries into Quickbooks Online, making deposits, processing credit card payments, preparing checks, reviewing and paying bills, maintaining petty cash fund, and producing invoices
- Support team by managing systems and processes that ensure timely accounting and reporting on a monthly basis
- Maintain financial filing system
- Compile regular financial reports (budget variance reports, general ledger updates, etc.) to support management-level
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate and timely financial records by entering, processing and reconciling transactions in accordance with established procedures and formats
- On a monthly basis, perform bank reconciliations on all accounts, prepare financial position statements for management
- Prepare quarterly reports for all clients
- Work with independent auditor to complete yearly audit, prepare and submit IRS 990, and prepare and submit state forms for all applicable states
- Keep all insurance up to date, performing regular reviews in order to seek out most cost-effective options
- Share knowledge and provide support to clients and other team members
- Develop collaborative partnerships with staff, consultants, auditors, vendors and service providers
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of two years of accounting experience within a nonprofit environment
- Must be Expert in QuickBooks (desktop and online)
- Proficient in MS Excel
- General knowledge of IRS regulations governing 501C3 organizations.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles: fund accounting, GAAP, nonprofit accounting, compliance requirements, and best practices
- Knowledge of donor-advised funds preferred
- Effective time management skills within a fast paced environment, as demonstrated by being self-directed in managing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to communicate accounting concepts in ways that can be easily understood by all audiences
- Excellent organizational, communication, and follow up skills
- Ability to learn quickly; adapt to new and unfamiliar projects/tasks; and exercise good judgment in decision-making
- Experience with Donor Management Systems (NEON, Blackbaud, Salesforce)
- Experience with nonprofit/ fund accounting software
- A good sense of humor and a strong work ethic
$59,000-65,000 (plus benefits) depending on experience. There is no relocation for this position. Candidates should live in the greater Los Angeles area. Work is currently remote due to the COVID19 pandemic.
The Giving Back Fund (GBF) is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, age, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, medical conditions, or any other legally protected status. GBF is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture.