1 Lear Jet Lane
The Operations Manager is a key member of FPI’s team providing essential day-to-day administrative, financial, and project support for the organization.
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of substantive reports initiated by other FPI staff.
- Provide logistical support for budget briefings, presentations, and events.
- Assist in the grant management process including finalizing and submitting grant proposals, grant reports, and grant awards.
- Maintain relationship information in constituent management system, create and distribute e-blasts, and create events and process event registrations.
- Assist Executive Director in carrying out human resources administration.
- Assist other staff in maintaining FPI’s web site.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for FPI quarterly board meetings as well as board committees.
- Be the primary person maintaining vendor relationships and contracts such as phone, Internet, and insurance.
- Administer cloud-based phone system—including conference lines—and Microsoft office productivity suite.
- Triage computer network, hardware & software issues.
- Maintain list of FPI subscriptions and process renewals.
- Answer phone calls, emails, and other inquiries.
- Order office supplies and maintain office equipment.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director.
- Handle facility issues
- Perform accounts payable duties including entry of vendor invoices and printing disbursement checks.
- Perform accounts receivable duties including deposit and entry of cash receipts and recording electronic funds transfers.
- Compile payroll information and enter into Paychex for processing. Submit payments to 401k plan provider.
- Assist in monitoring the organization’s budget.
- Work with accountant to produce financial statements and other reports.
- Respond to information requests from FPI’s independent auditors.
Office and Team Support
- In a small working environment with varying responsibilities, team skills/qualifications, deadlines, assist others in achieving FPI’s goals.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, all relevant training and other developmental/professional growth opportunities.
- Actively read, learn, and engage in opportunities to make office operations more efficient and effective.
- Participate in periodic assessment of own performance; develop goals and objectives based on the visions set by the Board of Directors in FPI’s Strategic Plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or other related field preferred.
- Five plus years’ experience working in an office environment with increasing responsibilities, preferably in office management.
- Knowledge of office equipment, basic bookkeeping and strong technical skills.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and set and manage multiple priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite products especially Word and Excel.
Minimum Education Required