Empatico, an initiative of The KIND Foundation, is creating a global movement to spread kindness and empathy around the world. We combine the best of technology with the best of humanity to expand the boundaries of where and from whom kids learn. Recently named a Fast Company 2018 World Changing Idea for general excellence, Empatico is a free tool for teachers to connect their classroom with others around the world through a combination of live video and activities designed to foster meaningful connections. Students are able to engage with other students domestically and globally to build empathy and understand their similarities and differences. Empatico was created to produce a more empathetic future generation with a greater understanding of the world and the people within it.
About The KIND Foundation
The KIND Foundation is a philanthropic entity established by KIND Healthy Snacks. Its mission, which is to foster kinder and more empathetic communities, is brought to life through a variety of programming meant to celebrate and inspire positive action. In 2016, through a program called KIND People, the Foundation celebrated seven individuals transforming their communities through kindness with $1.1 million in prizes. In 2017, the Foundation announced its signature endeavor Empatico, a $20 million multi-year initiative. To learn more, go to: kindsnacks.com/foundation.
Overview of Role
As Empatico is building to scale, the organization is expanding its partnerships to ensure fiscal success and diversified funds beyond The KIND Foundation’s seed funding. We are seeking a Development Associate to support the fundraising strategy and execution of individual, foundation and corporate solicitation efforts.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in the fundraising department in a non-profit setting with superior grant writing and administrative skills. We seek a smart, ambitious, collaborative, dynamic and entrepreneurial fundraising professional to support writing, research and administration efforts for the development department. Reporting to the Director of Development, the candidate will play a critical role in strengthening the development infrastructure, which will improve the efficiency and efficacy of operations. The candidate will write grant proposals and progress reports to private foundations, letters and other materials for individual donors, and prepare presentations and other materials for corporate prospects.
We seek a candidate that is a motivated analytical thinker and problem solver with a genuine interest in making a difference in the lives of children; has excellent organizational and project management skills, with experience meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment; is detail-oriented, tech-savvy, a quick learner, and a collaborative team player.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage Salesforce donor management database and perform data entry, as needed, to track all prospects, donors, proposals, reports, deadlines, and relationships.
- Write and edit introductory, thank you, and follow up notes, concept notes, letters of inquiry, grant letters, proposals, reports, program summaries, and other funding correspondence.
- Conduct in-depth research on both current and prospective donors.
- Create fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Schedule donor meetings, prepare briefing materials, and schedule preparatory meetings in advance of key interactions, pulling and analyzing reports that inform meetings and drive strategy.
- Support follow-up from meetings, including preparing debrief summaries and ensuring all contact details and documentation are logged into Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-4 years relevant experience, with an emphasis in grant writing and prospect research.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proven experience meeting and exceeding goals/expectations, managing projects in a fast faced environment.
- Proactive team player with strong desire to learn and ability to be flexible.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- High level of confidence and ability to work independently as well as within a team structure; proven ability to work well with diverse groups of people in different departments and functions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Development Associate. All applications will be reviewed. Please no direct messages.
The KIND Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The KIND Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The KIND Foundation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Kind Foundation’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.