Details: Salary commensurate with experience
KEEN Greater DC-Baltimore provides non-competitive one-to-one sports and recreation programs for young people with disabilities, all free of charge to the participants and their families. KEEN’s vision is to foster confidence, self-esteem and community inclusion for youth with disabilities; strengthen communities through education of volunteers; and provide families with respite and a supportive network.
KEEN is looking for a Development Coordinator to support its plan for continued revenue growth under the direction of the Development Director. The key responsibilities of this role include event coordination, database management, grant writing, reporting, and individual donor cultivation. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and expand their skill set but must have a background in non-profit fundraising.
1. Special Event Support of two annual events a year, a golf tournament and fall gala. Including auction item solicitation, procurement management, data entry, storage and set up. Manage volunteer recruitment, assignments and day of execution for all fall gala volunteers. Assist Development Director with committee meetings and communications, event logistics, sponsor solicitations, follow up and other logistic pieces, as needed.
2. Data Entry and Reporting using current CRM system, enter all donations and process acknowledgement letters and other procedures in a timely manner. Track appeal results, produce donation reports and segmented contact reports for mailings. Perform mail merges.
3. Research, Analysis and Writing. Conduct prospect research on foundations and donors. Under the guidance of the Development Director, produce well written small grant proposals and reports, solicitation letters, electronic communications, donor updates, acknowledgement letters and social media content.
4. Maintain Relationships through positive interactions and communication with donors, board members, special event committee members, and volunteers. This outreach will be conducted through meetings, personal email and phone calls.
· Bachelor’s Degree. One to three years of non-profit fundraising experience.
· Strong writing skills.
· Demonstrated personal initiative and is a self-starter.
· Outstanding organizational skills with a relentless attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task while managing several projects simultaneously.
· Ability to successfully and appropriately communicate with a wide variety of people.
· Technical skills to include proficiency in MS Office Software. Experience with Constant Contact and Google AdWords for Nonprofits a plus.
· Some night and weekend work around special events; an estimated 4-6 times a year.
· Ability to work successfully from a home office. (KEEN does not have a physical office)
· Passion for serving young people with disabilities and their families.
Retirement plan with matching contributions.
Minimum Education Required