We are in search of a dynamic, thoughtful, and persistent individual who is passionate about changing the lives of children in the abuse and neglect system. CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS, AS WELL AS A CURRENT RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED. Fairfax CASA is focused on equality and believes deeply in diversity and the fascinating characteristics that make us different. It is the policy of Fairfax CASA to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees, without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Position Title: Communications, Events and Fundraising Specialist
Employment Status: Full-Time, Salaried Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director and Project and Finance Manager
Assists with events and duties related to administrative, marketing, and development tasks—including fundraising events such as the annual Fairfax Run for the Children; social media; data entry; donor acknowledgements and Assists with CASA program duties as needed.
Duties & Essential Job Functions
- Act as point person for each visitor to the office, answering phones, transferring calls, returning calls and general inquiry emails as needed.
- Complete intake for new cases by entering information into CasaManager database and creating hardcopy file.
- Manage coverage for unassigned hearings and enter all post-hearing notes and data into CasaManager and hard-copy file for those hearings.
- File all relevant documents as needed, distribute mail.
- Order office supplies and food for events.
- Act as point of contact for: equipment with vendors, such as computers, printers, copiers; maintenance for building.
- Assist with preparation of board packets for quarterly meetings
Marketing/Social Media (50%):
- Create a strategic plan that aligns social media platform calendars with key events, news and developments of the organization.
- Research trends and relevant topics that relate to child welfare to create content that includes graphics, infographics, video development.
- Update social media on regular schedule (Twitter, LinkedIn, facebook, Instagram), with content.
- Moderate all social media accounts, responding accordingly to inquiries, comments and messages.
- Act as content analyst for organization, reviewing data and analytics to create content that is successful for online campaigns.
- Assist with the development, production and coordination of communications.
- Ensure quarterly newsletter, monthly briefs are published.
- Manage distribution lists.
- Make all necessary changes and edits to websites using WordPress, including weekly plug-in updates. Ensure all links and submission forms are working and up to date. Post blog articles, events, and updates calendar. Work directly with website developer/host to communicate changes that can’t be made in-house.
Fundraising and Events (25%):
- Serve as point person for the annual Fairfax Run for the Children, by planning and executing annual event. Duties include spearheading recruitment of sponsorships, securing permits and licenses, assisting with vendor relations, as well as all day-of coordination of event.
- Manage Light of Hope volunteer appreciation event by recruiting sponsorships and speakers, working directly with venue, sending all invitations/tracking RSVPs, coordinating vendors and setting up and breaking down event, as well as day-of coordination of event.
- Manage the production, mailing, email distribution and social media postings of the Annual Appeal message created by Executive Director.
- Attend workplace giving events, community partner events and other opportunities in community as representative of organization.
- Work with Executive Director on grant applications as needed.
- Grant writing and report writing a plus.
- Assist with all other events as needed.
- Assist supervisors and staff as needed.
- Provide office coverage as needed.
- Perform any other duties as requested.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes:
- BA/BS degree required.
- Ability to multi-task.
- 2+ years work experience (or the equivalent), preferably in non-profit sector.
- Demonstration of strong writing and oral communications skills required.
- Experience, understanding and mastery of WordPress.
- Expertise in Word, Excel, Google applications, understanding of online databases and strong computer skills. Must be familiar with and able to complete mail merge.
- Experience, understanding and mastery of social media platforms, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
- Outgoing and people-oriented position.
- Data entry.
Conditions of Employment:
- Pass all background checks required by the CASA program prior to hiring.