The Center for Children & Youth Justice, founded in 2006 by Justice Bobbe J. Bridge (ret.), is committed to reforming Washington’s juvenile justice and child welfare systems. CCYJ leads communities, our state, and the nation in empowering children and youth, stabilizing families, and strengthening communities through meaningful and lasting reform. CCYJ identifies gaps in the system, conducts research, develops innovative and creative solutions, and ensures that policymakers integrate these system improvements into practices and procedures. CCYJ’s results are realized into state law, adopted as standing protocols by the courts, schools, and other partners; and they are developed into new interventions for at-risk, abused and/or neglected children and their families. CCYJ succeeded in driving positive systems change for more than a decade under Justice Bridge’s (ret.) leadership. Following an extensive national search, our Board of Directors appointed our second President and CEO, Rachel Sottile, in late 2018.
Our passionate staff is deeply committed to the youth for whom we advocate. CCYJ seeks a Philanthropy Associate to support fundraising plans and strategies that will broaden organizational reach and deepen organizational impact. This is a highly collaborative role. The person in this role must seek out diversity and integrate the voices of those we serve into our philanthropic outreach. The Philanthropy Associate plays a key role in ensuring that CCYJ fulfills its mission. This is a full-time position.
CCYJ’S CULTURE EMBRACES
● Together we are transparent, accountable, respectful, and self-aware in order to foster belonging and a sense of community;
● CCYJ operates with an innovative and leading-edge mindset;
● CCYJ is purpose driven and laser sharp in the fulfillment of our mission;
● CCYJ embraces a growth mindset; our development is essential to expand and grow our organization;
● CCYJ produces results, not reasons;
● Anything is possible;
● Everyone has something to contribute;
● Everything happens out of your relationship with other people;
● Great ideas come from anyone at any time;
● People up to big things are going to make big mistakes. We own them, learn from them, and move on;
● Transparency is essential to a highly functioning organization;
● A diverse, fully self-expressed workforce.
Reports to: Vice President of Philanthropy
None at this time.
This position is considered exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is therefore not eligible for overtime pay.
The examples of essential functions listed below are intended as illustrations of the types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. Duties and responsibilities are also subject to change by CCYJ as the needs of the organization and requirements of the job shift over time.
This position requires an ability to think strategically, manage multiple priorities, quickly assess opportunities, and make bold decisions. The Philanthropic Associate must be an effective time manager, have excellent judgment, and be able to view the big picture, while also integrating the details of CCYJ’s strategic priorities, programming, and projects in our organizational communications.
Manages the day-to-day of organizational communications activities, including:
● Accurately performs overall day-to-day workflow of data entry and manages the Raiser’s Edge donor database, including preparing files for mailings, reporting on revenue and pledges, determines all coding for consistent and accurate records, reconciling with the finance team, and managing the database user’s manual;
● Processes and acknowledges all donations in a timely manner;
● Works with the Communications Manager in writing annual fund appeals and donor acknowledgment letters;
● Manages and stewards our annual fund (less than $5,000) and recurring donor portfolio. Researches and tracks status to see who may have potential to become a major donor;
● Assists with the management of donor affinity groups;
● Participates in and supports the Board of Directors led, Development Committee;
● Provides support for all special events, registering guests, tracking payments, and troubleshooting;
● Collaborates with program staff to foster an interdependent team that supports one another to reach individual, departmental, and organizational goals;
● Work as an integrated team with other colleagues to develop a comprehensive plan for significantly growing annual giving, affinity groups, and recurring donations;
● Cultivate relationships with established partners and donors; solicit donations from new partners and donors; and work collaboratively with the Grants Manager to research, write and submit grant proposals;
● Demonstrates an eagerness to learn and enhance skills that promote equity and inclusion; and
● Performs other duties as necessary and/or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
● 3- 5 years of demonstrated increasingly responsible experience in fundraising, nonprofit management, public policy, sales, communications, or other relevant field may meet this requirement
● A comparable combination of education and experience that can meet the two criteria noted above;
● A strong track record of achieving tangible fundraising outcomes in a competitive field;
● Experience responding effectively to shifting and evolving fundraising priorities;
● Experience engaging and communicating with organizational partners and investors;
● Experience cultivating and maintaining investors in a mission-driven organization.
● Knowledge of social media.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently completing assigned duties in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
● Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workflow in a changing work environment and coordinate work among multiple partners.
Skills and Abilities
● Demonstrated track record in implementing a strategy in a constantly changing environment;
● Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people (board members, legislatures, judges, attorneys) in a professional manner using tact, courtesy, and good judgment;
● Ability to listen to others and communicate honestly, responsibly and professionally; in writing, verbally, and electronically;
● Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and maintain donor confidentiality;
● Commitment to impeccability and integrity;
● Technologically savvy and knowledgeable including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, and Raiser’s Edge (or similar CRM).
● Able to work in a team environment and has the courage to communicate openly and honestly;
● Possess a growth mindset: the willingness to be coached to increase effectiveness, collaboration, and produce results;
● High functioning sense of humor, humility, and emotional intelligence;
● Foster a culture of integrity, service, adaptability, innovation, and responsibility.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
● This position requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate phones, computers, and other office equipment, and the ability to sit and use a computer for significant periods of time.
● This person must speak clearly using the English language to accurately convey information.
● Generally good working conditions with little or no exposure to extremes in noises, temperature.
● Little or no safety or health hazards.
● Minimal lifting or climbing.
● Work performed in an office setting as applicable determined by activities.
The Center for Children & Youth Justice, founded in 2006 by Justice Bobbe J. Bridge (ret.), is committed to reforming Washington’s juvenile justice and child welfare systems. CCYJ leads communities, our state, and the nation…
CCYJ offers a benefits package that includes Medical/Vision/Dental, Employee Assistance Program, Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Retirement Savings Plan, Transportation Allowance, Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay, and Floating Holiday Pay.
CCYJ offers a benefits package that includes Medical/Vision/Dental, Employee Assistance Program, Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance…
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information to jobs@CCYJ.org.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information to jobs@CCYJ.org.