2831 15th Street, NW
District of Columbia
La Clinica del Pueblo (LCDP), a leading Community Health Center, Winner of the 2016 NASW Agency of the Year Award, and a leading organization in providing Tele-Psychiatric and tele-Mental Health services in DC and Maryland, is seeking a licensed and bilingual (English/Spanish) LGSW clinician to join our growing Mental Health team in Washington, DC. and Prince George's County, Maryland.
This full-time position will provide assessment and treatment services as needed to a diverse population.
¨ Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology from accredited university
¨ Licensed in DC and/or MD as a LGSW
¨ Minimum 2 years clinical work experience providing individual, family and group therapy to Latino population
¨ Knowledge of a variety of therapeutic approaches, including Cognitive Behavioral and Psychodynamic Therapies
¨ Good English writing skills
¨ Excellent computer skills and experience
Supervision is provided
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide mental health counseling and therapy to adults, adolescents, and children and families.
2. Provide mental health counseling and therapy using different theoretical approaches (Cognitive-Behavioral, Solution-Focused, psychodynamic) according to client need.
3. Lead or co-lead either adolescent or child group in Mi Familia program during evening
4. Provide mental health counseling in assign locations.
5. Provide mental health assessments to clients referred by other programs through Triage system and recommend appropriate treatment based on results.
6. Assist client in accessing outside services when it is determined that s/he is not an appropriate referral for outpatient treatment at LCDP.
7. Communicate with medical providers and/or case managers to provide updates regarding client progress.
8. Provide crisis intervention services as needed. Ensure that measures are taken to protect safety of client and staff.
9. Develop treatment plans for each client based on their mental health diagnosis and psychosocial needs.
10. Implement identified screening and evaluation tools as required per program.
11. Follow departmental protocol for clinical documentation, as well as tracking of appointments in EcW system.
12. Attend to inter-disciplinary meetings as directed by Lead Clinician and/or Department Director
13. Provide monthly data reports as requested by Department Director and Program Coordinator.
14. Participate in community activities as needed.
Level of Language Proficiency
¨ Fluent in Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants please use the link to apply!