The Bretton Woods Committee is the preeminent non-profit organization dedicated to effective international economic and financial cooperation.
Towards this end, we demonstrate the value of multilateralism and improve the performance of the international financial institutions (IFIs) through public dialogue, advocacy and policy analysis.
Our mission is supported by:
- A diverse, global membership of leaders from business, finance, government and academia who are an unparalleled source of ideas and expertise.
- We are an independent, non-partisan advocate for the key multilateral institutions. We help inform public officials that global economic prosperity is best served through effective multilateralism.
- We convene flagship conferences on the most critical economic and financial topics. These serve as important fora for dialogue and debate between BWC members, senior policymakers, multilateral officials, private sector leaders and prominent academics.
- Working groups that organize roundtables, seminars, conferences, and other events to analyze and make policy recommendations on emerging issues impacting the future of finance, trade and global development.
- Special projects that produce reports and publications with unbiased analysis and policy prescriptions on ways in which the multilateral system – and the institutions that comprise it – can be strengthened and made more effective.
The Director of Membership and Giving leads all revenue-generating activities of the Bretton Woods Committee including membership and event sponsorship. The Director of Membership and Giving will be responsible for revenue targets established through the strategic plan and annual budget process. We are looking for an experienced, goal-oriented member of our growing team who will be responsible for expanding and diversifying our membership. The position is a core member of BWC’s senior management team – s/he reports to the Executive Director and oversees one direct report. Responsibilities include:
- Design and execute the overall membership strategy, membership benefits model, and membership dues process for individual and corporate members.
- Build and maintain strong corporate member relationships through the member recruitment and event sponsorship process.
- Design compelling materials and messages to demonstrate BWC’s value proposition to potential members and sponsors.
- Lead efficient membership recruitment process, including but not limited to, nominations and referrals, vetting and selection, membership application process and new member onboarding.
- Design, lead, and implement a membership stewardship and retention process to mitigate attrition.
- Schedule, facilitate and manage materials and follow-up communication for membership-related meetings with the Executive Committee, Membership Committee, Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Oversee the management of the membership database, ensuring accuracy and up-to-date data.
- Track member and sponsor prospects through the donor life cycle of identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Design, lead, and implement a process to collect feedback from members (both new and current) to further inform program enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6-8+ years of experience in a membership organization that includes managing the full membership life cycle.
- Experience with corporate relationship management is preferred.
- Superb interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Experience with CRM database management is required. Advanced skills using MS Office Suite.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- Driven self-starter who is a team player with the ability to work independently in a small office setting.
- Experience leading, coaching, and mentoring staff.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree preferred.