Details: $18 per hour, cell phone and vehicle allowance.
1225 South Weller Street
OneAmerica is a Seattle-based nonprofit in Washington State whose mission is to advance the fundamental principles of democracy and justice by building power in immigrant communities. OneAmerica was established in 2001 by U.S. Representative Pramila Jayapal and has since grown to become a locally and nationally recognized leader in advancing immigrant, civil, and human rights. Our strategies include policy advocacy, grassroots organizing, immigrant integration programs and civic/electoral engagement. Our family of organizations consists of OneAmerica (C3), OneAmerica Votes (C4) and OneAmerica Votes Justice Fund (PAC).
OneAmerica/OAV is hiring two full‐time, temporary organizer positions. The term of employment will last from date of hire to November 8, 2018. One position will focus on community organizing and civic engagement in the Auburn/Federal Way area and will be based in Seattle. The position will work with OneAmerica/OAV’s Civic Engagement Manager and local organizers to engage voters in immigrant and refugee communities during the election.
· Plan and implement phone banks and door-to-door canvasses multiple times each week
· Partner with OneAmerica/OAV team to plan educate and mobilize voters for the 2018 election
· Identify and recruit a core of volunteers and leaders to further develop their leadership skills
· Mobilize community members to attend key events
· Provide logistical support and coordination for OneAmerica’s Civic Engagement work
· Work collaboratively with OneAmerica team, as required, to accomplish our strategic mission and shared vision
· Experience in community, labor, or electoral organizing, with particular emphasis on organizing within diverse immigrant and refugee communities
· Ability to think strategically and plan programs and campaigns and to collaborate effectively with others
· Self-motivated with strong verbal, listening, and written communications
· Passion for leadership development and a commitment to fighting for social, racial, and economic justice
· Ability to thrive within a fast-paced environment while maintaining effective time management and organization methods
· Access to reliable transportation and willingness to accommodate community-based scheduling needs (i.e. meetings held in the evenings and on weekends at offsite locations)
· Experience with basic computer programs, including Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience working with diverse ethnic communities, bilingual a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a PDF resume and cover letter, along with three references, to Samara Parra, Civic Engagement Manager, at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please tell us how your personal and professional background informs why you are interested in working as an Organizer at OneAmerica. Deadline for applications is September 30, 2018. Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis. Please, no phone inquiries.
OneAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of color to apply