Position Title: Grants Manager – Grants and Contracts Management Department
Reports To: Director
Job Classification: Non-Exempt / Full Time
Location: New York, NY
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 38 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. These investments have leveraged more than $50 billion in development activity and helped families and communities raise their standards of living. LISC investments impact the lives of nearly 7 million Americans.
Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 32 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Our rural programs make an impact in 44 states, and are supported by LISC’s talented and dedicated workforce. Visit us at www.lisc.org
Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Grants Manager within the Grants and Contracts Management Department (GCM).
About the Grants and Contracts Management Team
GCM is responsible for effectively managing LISC’s government and private funds, including sub-agreements with community organizations and consultants to carry out the corporate goal of creating healthy, sustainable communities throughout the country.
LISC currently manages more than $80 million of government funds and has applied for millions more in competitive local and national grants. GCM is responsible for ensuring that these contracts are administered properly, and in this capacity, oversees compliance and program planning/reporting for these contracts. The Department is responsible for providing extensive technical assistance to the national network of LISC’s offices managing government and private funds.
- Manage all grants and consultant requests for an assigned portfolio of local and national programs.
- Using LISC’s internal grant management software, receive, review and process requests from LISC programs to issue grants and consultant agreements to community partners.
- Conduct quality control on those requests, particularly ensuring that funder requirements are included in coordination with the Compliance team.
- Communicate regularly with LISC programs to ensure required documentation is ready for grant and consultant agreements issuance.
- Prepare grant letters, consultant contracts, and amendments to existing contracts with nonprofit partners and consultants.
- Coordinate within GCM and Accounting to resolve open issues relating to the monitoring of grants, deliverables, invoices, etc.
- Create and maintain electronic files for grants and contracts.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance and training, in collaboration with supervisors and colleagues, to LISC programs in federal contract requirements and strategic administration of government funding.
- Develop, in collaboration with supervisors and colleagues, training materials and conduct training sessions for LISC staff and CDCs receiving funds from LISC.
- Participate in on-site compliance monitoring of funded CDCs to ensure compliance with grant requirements.
- Assist compliance team tracking and reviewing compliance documentation as needed.
- Participate in continuous initiatives to improve business efficiencies.
- Support development and implementation projects to improve companywide practices related to award administration.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
§ Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a non-profit management or related field.
§ Strong organizational and time management skills
- Solid attention to detail
- Candidate should have at least 3 years of government grants management experience, including knowledge of sub-granting to other nonprofit organizations.
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
§ Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter and with strong analytical skills; a willing and creative problem solver.
§ Demonstrated expertise in building and maintaining professional relationships.
§ Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver training programs to address technical competency gaps.
- Some knowledge of nonprofit accounting is a plus.
§ Knowledge of community development is preferred.
§ Demonstrated experience in developing and conducting trainings for diverse audiences a plus.
§ Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and online research required.
Submit a resume and cover letter to Vanessa Ryan at GCMjobs@lisc.org
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Minimum Education Required