LifeWorks NW serves individuals enrolled in transition age youth/young adult programs.
PURPOSE: Position works to provide a variety of recovery-oriented services to individuals who have self-identified as desiring peer supports. Position promotes greater independence, community integration and recovery. Services provided by peers (people who have had the experience of mental health treatment and have certification in Peer Support) include a wide variety of supports, services and advocacy that contribute to a client's ability to engage in ongoing treatment and work towards less dependence on traditional mental health treatment. These activities acknowledge the importance of involving significant others and other natural supports in the persons treatment that could positively impact their recovery.
DAYS/HOURS: This position works 20 hours a week. Schedule negotiable. Must be able to work Wednesday and thursday. Some evenings required based on client need.
PAY/BENEFITS: $14.52 to $15.61 per hour. Pro-rated benefits.
- Self-identifies as a current or former recipient of mental health services
- Holds a Peer Support Specialist certification from a State-approved training program.
- Holds a Traditional Health Worker number from the Oregon Health Authority's Office of Equity and Inclusion (OEI).
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and ability to provide culturally-competent treatment services to diverse client populations.
- Familiar with developmental needs of adolescents and young adults.
- Basic computer skills including keyboarding, use of mouse, ability to navigate website and use common web browser.
- Transporting clients in a personal vehicle required. Must have access to a personal vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of current automobile insurance coverage and ability to meet driving requirements.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community. LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law. www.lifeworksnw.org Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website above. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.