Details: Depending on prior experience
8 West 126th Street
At Start Small Think Big (“Start Small”), we believe that access to high-quality legal, financial management, and marketing services is an essential part of starting or growing a successful small business, especially for small businesses owners who are currently lower income. We are a nonprofit organization, located in New York City and the Bay Area, that focuses on pairing entrepreneurs positioned to grow their businesses with top pro bono attorneys and financial and marketing experts, equipping them with a solid foundation on which to create jobs and build wealth through entrepreneurship.
We are seeking an Database Manager to join our team to manage the administration, customization and improvement of our Salesforce System. This position will work with program staff to design and implement scalable and efficient Salesforce solutions for our organizational processes. Start Small is determined to revolutionize the capacity of low-income entrepreneurs to start sustainable small businesses by making their journey fully accessible, engaging, and social. This position will get to be part of a technology team making that possible.
Job Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Salesforce Administration/Customization: You will provide consistent administration and support of Salesforce including but not limited to: managing users, profiles and roles; customization of objects, fields, record types, and page layouts; manage, test, and implement processes, workflow triggers, validation rules, alerts, and automated email responses in line with industry best practices. As necessary you will be the go-to support for building and maintaining reports, report types, and dashboards as necessary.
- Data Management and Governance: You will ensure Start Small’s data is clean an accurate by performing ongoing data entry, cleaning, deduping, and data quality assurance (using dataloader as necessary).
- System Integration: You will manage all integrated third-party extensions including with Form Assembly, Conga Composer, Campaign Monitor, Cirrus Insight, youcanbook.me etc.
- General IT support: You will be Start Small staff’s go-to for general IT needs including, but not limited to Salesforce, Form Assembly, G Suite, Microsoft Office, Ringcentral, etc.
- 2+ years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator or Salesforce ‘power user’, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Ability to communicate technical needs and solutions with non-technical staff.
- Excellent analytical, process design and problem solving skills, and demonstrated project management experience.
- Experience with key Salesforce admin duties including data migration, user roles and permissions, managing reports, dashboards and report types, customizing fields, objects and page layouts etc.
- Commitment to Start Small Think Big’s mission, and a passion for leveraging technology to scale social change.
Bonus, but not required:
- Experience integrating Salesforce with third party applications (for example we use Form Assembly, experience Conga Composer, Campaign Monitor, Cirrus Insight etc.).
- Salesforce Administrator (201) or Developer (401) certification;
- Apex/Visualforce development experience.
Benefits and generous vacation/PTO offered
NYC Preferred, remote possible
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: Christine Coakley, Impact Assessment Director at email@example.com (include subject line: “[your name] / IT Manager- Salesforce Admin.”)
Start Small Think Big is an equal opportunity employer with a standing policy of nondiscrimination. This means that all qualified persons are accorded an equal opportunity for employment or promotion without regard to actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, personal appearance, genetic information, matriculation, or political affiliation.