100 Gold St.
Reporting to the Director of Wholesale and Distribution, the Senior Manager of Business Strategy will support the continued growth of Greenmarket Co., New York City’s first and only local food hub. Greenmarket Co. was founded in 2012 on a two-part mission: to create business opportunities that support regional agriculture and to ensure that New Yorkers across the city have access to fresh, delicious, local foods. Today, Greenmarket Co. brings over 500 unique varieties of the highest-quality, local foods to hundreds of customers throughout New York City. In two years, we will move to a new, expanded distribution facility, and we are poised for significant growth. The Senior Manager of Business Strategy will play an instrumental role in bringing Greenmarket Co. to this next phase and beyond by developing and executing strategies that enhance our financial sustainability, efficiency, and effectiveness.
· Directly oversee managers in Greenmarket Co.’s sales, procurement, and operations departments
· Develop and execute business strategy for Greenmarket Co., ensuring that day-to-day operations support long- and short-term goals
· Develop KPIs to determine Greenmarket Co.’s effectiveness in meeting key business objectives, working with the team to modify strategy if necessary to meet objectives
· Manage special projects, ensure collaboration between teams, and drive strategic initiatives forward
· Identify opportunities for product and process improvement that contribute to efficient operations and a high level of service to customers and program partners
· Foster an environment of collaboration and high performance that allows all team members to grow and contribute to Greenmarket Co.’s mission
- Minimum of three years of management experience in a fast-paced business environment
- Bachelor’s degree, with education in business, marketing, or supply chain management a plus
- Familiarity with warehouse operations, distribution, logistics, and supply chain management
- Energetic, big-picture thinker eager for a leadership role within a mission-driven organization
- Analytical, solution-oriented approach to problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to bridge long-term strategy with short-term objectives and ensure that the team has necessary direction and support
- Ability to flourish with minimal supervision while knowing when to seek direction and input
- Proactive, and able to identify potential opportunities and stumbling blocks in a changing, growing program
- Strong experience leading, motivating, and retaining high performing teams
- Genuine enthusiasm for local food, and Greenmarket Co.’s mission of building markets that preserve regional farms and ensuring that all New Yorkers have equal access to fresh, high-quality food
Work location: This staff member will work primarily from the Greenmarket Co. warehouse in the South Bronx and 1-2 days per week (depending on the season) at GrowNYC’s main office in downtown Manhattan.
Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000, commensurate with experience. This position is full-time with a generous benefits package including medical and dental insurance and paid time off.
Schedule: The Senior Manager of Business Strategy will have a base schedule of Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. However, as this position requires exposure to and knowledge about all facets of our operation, working occasional early mornings, evenings, and weekends will be necessary, especially during the high season, July-November.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume and three references to Chelsea Whittaker, firstname.lastname@example.org, by close of business on June 15, 2018. Combine all submissions into one PDF and write “Senior Manager Business Strategy” in the subject line.
GrowNYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required