196 Quincy Street
CommonWealth Kitchen (CWK), Boston’s fast-growing food business incubator and food manufacturing social enterprise, is seeking a passionate, dynamic, communications professional to take on the newly created Marketing and Communications Manager position.
CWK is on a mission to break down the barriers for low-income women, immigrants, and people of color to establish viable food businesses as a means to generate assets and wealth, create jobs, and build a just, equitable regional food economy. To accomplish this mission, CWK operates Greater Boston’s only nonprofit food business incubator and food manufacturing social enterprise. More than just a shared kitchen, CWK provides a comprehensive array of business and technical assistance, access to a powerful network of industry partners and outsourced manufacturing services for emerging food companies.
Working directly with CWK’s Executive Director, this new position will take responsibility for crafting, managing and leading all of CWK’s marketing, communications and public relations activities. The primary focus is on promoting the powerful work of CWK and its member businesses to a diverse audience of aspiring entrepreneurs, wholesale and retail buyers, event planners, anchor institutions, corporations, funders, media and the general public through persuasive written materials, a strong online presence, creative marketing campaigns and events, and leveraging a wide network of strategic partners and stakeholders.
The ideal applicant shares CWK’s commitment to equity and inclusion, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills, a keen design sense and ability to use basic design software, flawless attention to detail, creative marketing talents, a “can do” attitude, and is energized by working in a fast-growing non-profit social enterprise.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
CWK Marketing and Communications - 70%
- Develop a deep understanding of CWK’s multifaceted social enterprise model, and create dynamic, fresh and compelling written, visual, and online content to engage CWK’s core audiences, including strategic partners, clients/customers, influencers, donors and funders, for the purpose of raising CWK’s profile and reputation and attracting donors, customers, and new members.
- Create and implement an annual strategic communications plan that establishes clear, measurable goals, metrics, and priorities to broaden CWK’s outreach and enhance its effectiveness. Monitor, test and analyze the effectiveness of different communication strategies.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of key marketing and branding materials, annual reports, newsletters, annual appeal, brochures, website content and funder meeting packets.
- Develop and lead select partner cultivation efforts through initiatives such as corporate gifts and CWK member gift boxes.
- Provide support for CWK events, including event branding and creation of collateral materials. Manage tables, booths and staff select events as needed.
- Manage all of CWK’s online presence, including leading CWK’s work to update the current website, and maintain all social media channels.
- Cultivate and manage connections with media, influencers, event planners, and the like to expand CWK’s reach. Write and disseminate press releases.
- Develop protocols and procedures to streamline and guide CWK’S communications efforts.
Member Marketing and Events - 30%
- Develop policies, create materials, and monitor implementation of how members market CWK at farmers’ markets and other public events, on their websites, from their food trucks, after graduation, etc.
- Develop targeted marketing materials and manage campaigns focused on driving member sales in select markets- such as corporate catering and gifts, and in-store signage in retail locations.
- Manage 1-2 public events each year focused on driving sales opportunities for CWK members and increasing awareness of CWK’s work.
- Develop materials and provide support to other CWK staff working on events and other efforts to increase awareness of CWK and its member companies.
- Minimum of 5-7 years direct communication and marketing experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work closely and productively with a diverse community of stakeholders and entrepreneurs.
- Strong design and creative skills with capacity to design and produce materials for print, online, and other media.
- Highly organized, with ability to work independently, manage to a budget, multi-task, and respond to a high volume of requests in a timely fashion.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience using a variety of web-based and social media platforms.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Adobe Suite or similar design software.
- Familiarity with communications-related technology, such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights, and other marketing and social media metric tools.
- Clear, demonstrated commitment to CWK’s mission goals and core organizational values.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and at least 2 samples of marketing and communications work to: firstname.lastname@example.org