Details: Not Listed
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, located in Bethesda, MD is looking for a Case Manager who will report to the Regional Manager of Patient Access Programs on our Compass Team.
As employees perform their roles and responsibilities, they are expected to demonstrate behaviors that are aligned with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Five Core Values including:
- Keep sight of what really matters.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do.
- Stronger together.
- Innovate with courage.
- Care about our people.
The Case Manager will:
- Review, assess, and support patient cases referred to CF Foundation Compass for assistance related to insurance, financial, legal and other needs.
- Conduct intake, screening, assessment, coverage and reimbursement/prior authorization/appeal research and triage to appropriate resources for customers who contact CFF Compass.
- Identify and refer to national, state and local resources to help troubleshoot customers’ needs.
- Demonstrate ability to multitask -- working on primary responsibilities while participating in ongoing and ad hoc projects.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two years’ experience in a healthcare environment is preferred. This includes experience in healthcare coverage and reimbursement, database experience, and helping navigate life with a chronic disease.
- At least 2 years of customer service experience.
- Strong problem-solving, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of available community resources and the ability to perform research on resources when needed.
- Strong computer and data entry skills are necessary – experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) database (Microsoft Dynamics a plus), Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Proficient keyboard skills (40 wpm+).
- Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus!
Minimum Education Required