WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Launched in October 2018, VOW to End Child Marriage is an innovative new initiative that puts the power of the global wedding industry behind the worldwide movement to end child marriage. Every year, 12 million girls are married before the age of 18; some as young as 8 or 9. VOW believes that every girl has the right to a safe and healthy future, including the right to choose if, when and whom to marry.
VOW invites engaged couples, their guests and the wider public to make a difference for girls across the world. At the heart of our approach are partnerships with iconic wedding brands – including Crate and Barrel, The Knot, The Peninsula Hotels and others – that are engaging their customers in funding efforts to end child marriage.
VOW is seeking its first Corporate Partnerships Lead (reporting to the Chief Executive Officer) to spearhead the creation and support of game-changing partnerships that will create a new source of revenue to help girls around the world choose their own futures. Within a few years, we want to see a wide portfolio of brands supporting VOW and raising millions annually. You’ll help us achieve that vision.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Collaborate closely with the CEO to develop a comprehensive strategic plan for VOW’s partnerships with a focus on accelerating VOW’s social impact. Design strategies for partnership positioning, including strategic plans to attract partners from multiple industries, demonstrating business value and identifying opportunities for shared impact.
· Identify, pursue and cultivate new brand partnerships for VOW. Lead partnership development, building relationships with industry leaders and finding the right people within organizations to make partnerships happen. Drive the new business pipeline and coordinate closely with staff and board members on outreach. Work closely with the CEO and others in developing creative, customized activation concepts for brand partners and in closing new brand partner agreements.
· Oversee relations with VOW corporate partners. Lead on specific accounts while also overseeing account management that is executed by other team members. Manage implementation of partner promotions, creative collaboration and overall relationship development. Ensure compelling communication to all VOW corporate partners, keeping them updated and invested in the organization’s work.
· Create a vision for future development of the VOW partnerships team, including operational processes and project management standards, staffing, professional development, performance management, etc.
. Collaborate with the CEO and partners to set and track annual financial partnership goals.
· Drive design and production of all sales and marketing materials for VOW.
· Manage VOW consultants who support communications, marketing and partnership development.
· You love building partnerships and you have at least 10 years of experience doing so. You’ve developed powerful partnerships from inception to implementation, with a strong track record of new business development and growth of existing accounts.
· You’re an incredible communicator. You have outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills and an ability to maintain strong professional relationships with a wide array of individuals in person and by writing and phone. You have exceptional judgment and emotional intelligence. You’re a careful listener and can read the room. You know how to deliver a dynamic presentation.
· You know that relationships are at the heart of successful partnerships and you constantly focus on building productive working relationships with others.
· You’re on top of the latest industry trends in cause marketing and nonprofit fundraising. You love learning from what others are doing and you want VOW to be an innovative industry leader.
· You’re equally comfortable in both strategy and execution. You see the big picture and you also relentlessly make sure the details are covered.
· You’re a strong manager, with the ability to effectively manage consultants, interns and volunteer leaders. You want to build a team and you aspire to be a great boss.
· You want to help build an organization, taking VOW from a nascent startup to a global philanthropic initiative. You thrive in fast-paced, ambitious environments. You work hard and you have fun while you do it.
· You have a passion for gender equality and girls’ rights coupled with the spirit and drive of a social entrepreneur.
· You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
· You are prepared to travel on occasion, including to international destinations once or twice a year.
· It’s a bonus if you have an established network of major brands or individuals who are connected to major brands.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Launched in October 2018, VOW to End Child Marriage is an innovative new initiative that puts the power of the global wedding industry behind the worldwide movement to end child marriage. Every year, 12…
To apply, submit your resume along with a cover letter that includes a description of a corporate partnership that you have secured and developed over time, including the goals of the partnership and its outcomes. Send your application by February 28, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “VOW Corporate Partnerships Lead.”
To apply, submit your resume along with a cover letter that includes a description of a corporate partnership that you have secured and developed over time, including the goals of…