ABOUT CITY PARKS FOUNDATION
City Parks Foundation (CPF) is the only independent, nonprofit organization whose mission is to offer programs in public parks throughout the five boroughs of New York City. At City Parks Foundation (CPF), we are dedicated to invigorating and transforming parks into dynamic, vibrant centers of urban life through sports, arts, community building, and education programs for all New Yorkers. Our programs -- located in more than 350 parks, recreation centers, and public schools across New York City -- reach 425,000 people each year. Our ethos is simple: thriving parks mean thriving communities. Our work includes:
- CityParks Shows: We present SummerStage, the largest free, outdoor performing arts festival in NYC through SummerStage, featuring artists of the highest quality across multiple disciplines and genres; and marionette puppet theater at our Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre in Central Park and the roving PuppetMobile, which travels to all five boroughs.
- CityParks Build: Partnerships for Parks, a public-private program of City Parks Foundation and NYC Parks, supports and champions a growing network of leaders who care and advocate for the transformation of their neighborhood parks.
- CityParks Learn: We connect youngsters to nature in the urban environment with education programs that provide learning experiences through classroom and hands-on activities in parks, urban forests, coastal areas, gardens, and recreation centers.
- CityParks Sports: Free golf, tennis, track & field, soccer, and fitness programs bring high-quality instruction and equipment into areas where few organized athletic opportunities exist. We offer leveled training, year-round scholarship coaching, and special pro events.
The Institutional Giving Coordinator will be part of a fundraising team raising over $7 million annually from corporate, foundation, government, and individual sources to support free programs in New York City parks. Reporting to the Associate Director of Institutional Giving, the Institutional Giving Coordinator will help maintain a portfolio of nearly $3.5 million in grants from private foundations, corporate foundations, and government agencies.
- Research funding opportunities, monitor RFPs and news within the philanthropic sector, and complete research profiles on foundations, corporate philanthropic programs, and government agencies that align with City Parks Foundation’s mission and initiatives.
- Work with programmatic and finance staff to develop compelling proposals, letters of intent, and budgets for institutional funders.
- Closely monitor deliverables for grants and contracts including proposed outcomes and recognition requirements.
- Work with programmatic and finance staff to prepare narrative and financial reports, budget modifications, and financial documentation.
- Coordinate the cultivation and stewardship process for grant portfolio, including scheduling, providing meeting materials, preparing research, and other tasks as needed.
- Use Salesforce database to track portfolio of grants, including a calendar of deadlines, cultivation, stewardship, and research activities.
- Complete other writing or research assignments and administrative support as requested.
- Participate in fundraising events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-3 years experience working in institutional giving and/or grant writing at a nonprofit required. Experience with grant writing for performing arts, education, or community organizing and development is a plus.
- Proven ability to prioritize and work effectively under deadlines with high attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience with city, state, and/or federal contracts a plus.
- Ability to understand institutional and program budgets.
- Ability to work collegially across departments and across the organization.
- Familiarity working within a Google applications environment, online prospecting tools such as Foundation Directory Online, and a CRM database. Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Passion for City Parks Foundation’s mission.
WORKING FOR CITY PARKS FOUNDATION
Benefits include excellent healthcare and dental package, vacation, paid holidays, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Transit Check program, life insurance, and flexible spending plan. City Parks Foundation is a collegial, mission-focused organization that values its employees and encourages professional growth and advancement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested parties should email cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and at least two writing samples to: DevoJobs@CityParksFoundation.org. Put “Institutional Giving Coordinator” in subject header.
Thank you for your interest in City Parks Foundation, an equal opportunity employer. Only potential candidates will be contacted. No calls, please.