PURPOSE: Provide substance abuse treatment services in an outpatient setting. Responsible for assessment, treatment planning, provision of counseling (individual, family, and group) services, urinalysis, consultation with care providers and coordination of multiple service providers for his/her assigned client caseload; and for keeping accurate, timely records.
DAYS/HOURS: Generally, the position will work daytime hours. Occasional evenings are required.
PAY/BENEFITS: $16.08 to $17.29 per hour. Full benefits.
- If recovering from a substance abuse related disorder, must be able to demonstrate continuous sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions for the immediate past two years.
- Requires a current CADC 1 or equivalent national certification; or a submitted application for CADC 1 with a formal plan to obtain certification within two years of hire.
- Must have a current driver's license (out of state is fine), access to a personal vehicle, and current auto insurance.
- Must be able to drive clients in both a LifeWorks NW and personal vehicle.
- Have knowledge, skills, and abilities demonstrating competence in: treatment of substance-related disorders including client evaluation and individual, group, family, and other counseling techniques; program policies and procedures for client case management and record keeping; and accountability for recording information in the client files assigned to them consistent with those policies and procedures. Should be familiar with theory or concepts of prevention.
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural values and norms, acculturation and generational issues within a culture; extensive knowledge and understanding of resources and appropriate support linkage available within the community; effective inner-cultural communication skills in order to advocate for culturally diverse clients.
- Courses in child development and experience working with youth strongly preferred.
- Sensitivity and understanding of specific barriers which may lead to lack of access and engagement.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system.
JOB CODE/NUMBER: CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY COUNSELOR I, REAL PROGRAM/883728
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community. LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
www.lifeworksnw.org Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/0
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.