The Opportunity: Join a dynamic mission-oriented team passionately committed to help create a Whatcom County where everyone who lives here thrives. We work to create conditions for inclusive prosperity through research, advocacy, and adaptation. We invest in structures, systems, community learning and skill-building to increase resilience. And we attract and deploy resources which allow us to launch impactful projects and programs, to make impact investments and grants, and give scholarships. Join us in our work to cultivate neighborliness, lift community voices, and invest in equity and hope.
Position Summary: Executive Assistant to the CEO and Philanthropic Services Associate provides a range of expert-level administrative support to the CEO and Development Team. This position requires a self-directed and strategic thinker able to coordinate multiple projects and balance priorities. The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail and results oriented, committed to high-quality customer service, eager to reflect on and improve performance, and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment. This position requires a strong moral compass and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
CEO Executive Assistant (40%)
· Support the CEO with scheduling, travel, email and phone communication.
· Support the CEO with meeting preparation and logistics, with special emphasis on Board meeting and Board committee meeting preparation and follow-up.
· Support the Board with logistics and record keeping, including notetaking at meetings.
· Support the Impact Investing Committee with meeting and packet preparation and minutes.
· Provide special project support as needed.
· Provide support with efficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail.
· The CEO’s work often is conducted outside of normal working hours, and the assistant must be flexible and available to accommodate the needs of the office.
· Successfully manage CEO support with an understanding of shifting priorities, flexibility to accommodate CEO’s availability, and the need at times to prioritize conflicting needs, and to do so with grace and good humor.
Philanthropic Services Support (30%)
· Maintain high-end user skills with CRM Software program (Community Suite, our primary database), manage donor profiles, stay current on database updates and new releases, and provide ongoing support and training to all staff on CRM tools.
· Responsible for the gift thank you process and for notifying those being recognized through gift tributes.
· Support donor stewardship efforts such as preparing mailings, making deliveries, providing informational packets, and maintaining up-to-date data entry.
· Prepare donor reports and assist with other data collection needs from CRM software, Community Suite, as requested.
· Develop a detailed knowledge of our work to successfully connect donors with the right staff member or community partner. Serve as an ambassador for our work.
· Warmly respond to all general Foundation donor email and phone communication/correspondence with care to provide superior accuracy, as well as thoughtful and timely responses and foster a culture of radical hospitality.
Meeting and Event Support (20%)
· Assist the broader team with scheduling, preparations and logistics for Board and Committee meetings, partner meetings and donor meetings.
· Assist fellow staff members with logistics and administrative support for donor and community events.
Communications Support (10%)
· Assist Communications Team with general Foundation social media posts.
Assist Communications Team in keeping the Foundation website up to date.
· Three years or more of successful executive or senior staff administrative support.
· An outstanding communicator, with strong spelling, grammar, editing and proofreading skills.
· Ability to clarify expectations, priorities, deliverables, and timelines.
· A strong strategic thinker able to coordinate multiple projects, sweat the details and manage ambiguity with grace and good humor.
· Willing to take initiative, anticipate next steps, identify opportunities and potential pitfalls, determine actions to resolve issues using good judgement to keep work moving forward.
· Ability to establish effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment and interact positively with a diverse range of people.
· Commitment to providing high quality customer service to internal and external colleagues.
· Bring a curious, confident, positive, self-starting, and can-do attitude to your work.
· Ability to reflect on performance, accept and offer constructive feedback and engage in ongoing professional development.
· Demonstrated passion for community and for our mission and values. Courageous enough to join us in constructively striving to be a better neighbor and partner.
· Highly collaborative: philanthropy is a team sport, and we value flexible, adaptable people who can play many roles.
Competency in current computer technology, high proficiency with Microsoft products preferred; ability to quickly learn Community Suite (donor database).
The Opportunity: Join a dynamic mission-oriented team passionately committed to help create a Whatcom County where everyone who lives here thrives. We work to create conditions for inclusive prosperity through research, advocacy, and…
The annual compensation for this full-time, exempt position includes a package of benefits including medical, vision, dental and retirement (vested after 1 year). Full-time hours include some evening and weekend work.
The annual compensation for this full-time, exempt position includes a package of benefits including medical, vision, dental and retirement (vested after 1 year). Full-time hours…
Fluent in speaking and writing English.
Fluent in speaking and writing English.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form and submit your cover letter and resume. The position will remain open until filled. If you have questions regarding the position or the application process contact: Careers@whatcomcf.org.
(If the "application form" does not post as a live link visit: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/0f87caf81b554be8bf9b2e7017847a45
To apply for this position, please complete the application form and submit your cover letter and resume. The position will remain open until filled. If you have questions…