Development Director-University of Southern California Hillel Foundation
- Job posted by Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
Join the exciting growth of USC Hillel's professional staff as the Development Director. You'll strengthen Hillel by connecting people to our community and raising vital funds. Working closely with both the greater Jewish community and the University's advancement office, you will help take USC Hillel to its next phase of growth. This position offers you an opportunity to creatively stretch your development, supervision and project management skills through responsibilities that include overseeing the annual campaign and integrating a capital and endowment project into the advancement strategy for the organization. The Development Director will increase USC Hillel's presence in the greater Los Angeles Jewish community and within the University while raising financial resources to help grow the organization's infrastructure and ability to impact Jewish students positively through enriching programs, spiritual and educational content.
What You'll Do:
- Create and execute a dynamic development strategy that includes a detailed campaign calendar and strategy, taking into account the Annual Campaign, Capital Campaign and Endowment strategies.
- Manage the following committees: Jewish Alumni Association, Parent's Association and Art Gallery.
- Manage our annual cycle of fundraising events and campaigns, supervising those who oversee direct mailers and parents/alumni weekend.
- Supervise the Development Associate providing mentorship and guidance to their portfolio which will include: grant writing, direct mail content, event planning and our online presence.
- Work in partnership with the University Advancement office and USC Hillel staff and lay leaders to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of current and future major donors.
- Engage with the Board of Directors to cultivate a culture of giving, develop a leadership pipeline for development efforts, and strengthen their capacity to support our organization.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Engage in outreach to parents and alumni, including meetings and support of the USC Hillel Jewish Alumni Association and Parent's Association.
- Perform prospect research, solicitation and stewardship of a portfolio of major gift donors ($1,000 and above) on behalf of USC Hillel. Work with the Executive Director and other lay leaders to prepare, research and execute their own portfolio of major gifts.
- Work with USC to improve the development database and ensure data entry and gift processing is precise.
- Prepare proposals and reports for individual donors, philanthropic foundations, other funders and the board.
- Build partnerships with campus administration and the campus development office, Hillel's International Centers, and foundations.
- Develop and promote a culture of philanthropy throughout Hillel, including creativity, teamwork, accountability and continuous improvement.
- Supervise the Development Associate and operations staff to ensure development operations run smoothly.
- Forecast fundraising potential for annual budgeting and monitor development expenses.
What You've Accomplished:
- 4+ years in fundraising, development.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Proven success:
- Identifying, cultivating, and soliciting gifts above $1,000.
- Executing annual fundraising campaigns, including cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation through in-person, print, and online channels.
- Management of donor or customer relation databases.
- Building relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Reaching out to new potential donors and closing gifts. .
What You'll Bring to the Job:
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit - things may not go according to plan, but you'll take risks and learn from wins as well as losses.
- Ability to collaborate across teams both inside and outside of Hillel.
- Willingness to facilitate conversations about Judaism and Israel to inspire stakeholders to invest in our work.
- Capability to build, lead, empower and coach other fundraisers.
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively, successfully managing multiple priorities.
- Understanding of current trends, ability to recommend and implement plans to increase donors, contributions, and identify new opportunities.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite and experience using CRM platforms (ie Donor Perfect, SalesForce, Raiser's Edge, Blackbaud).
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $80,000 - $120,000.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Travel regionally.
About USC Hillel:
USC Hillel is the Center of Jewish Life at USC. Our mission is to enrich the lives of our students so that they may enrich the Trojan family, the Jewish people and the world. Fostering meaningful Jewish experiences of our students, USC Hillel develops leaders and inspires young Jewish Trojans to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life. Jewish students at USC will find a home away from home with USC Hillel. We offer a welcoming environment, warm space to socialize and an active group of students looking to connect with other Jewish students on campus. USC Hillel offers opportunities for students to become leaders, mentors, and community members with the greater USC and Los Angeles communities.
The University of Southern California is one of the world's leading private research universities. An anchor institution in Los Angeles, a global center for arts, technology and international trade, USC enrolls more international students than any other U.S. university and offers extensive opportunities for internships and study abroad. With a strong tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, USC fosters a vibrant culture of public service and encourages students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
USC Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter. New Applicants: Select Apply for this Position to submit your application and create an account. Previous Applicants: Scroll to the Previous Applicants section. Please in