8757 Georgia Ave, 10th Floor
If you believe everyone has a right to high quality health care, keep reading and consider applying!
The Primary Care Coalition seeks a Program Coordinator to provide administrative and logistical support to the Program Director, the Board of Directors and to assigned program(s). Currently, the assigned program organizes mental health training for professionals and community members.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a strong desire to help the low-income, uninsured population and values the role that public health plays in our community.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills, and exceptional training and facilitation skills.
- Enjoys solving problems, taking on difficult challenges and finding solutions.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree or Master’s Degree student preferred.
- Prior experience in an office environment preferred.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interpret and understand the needs and requests of colleagues, stakeholder and callers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including effective communication with a range of participants and stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of health care, behavioral health, or population health
- Proven time management and problem-solving capabilities; ability to manage multiple assignments and competing demands
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated capability to prioritize work to produce high quality outcomes
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to maintaining strict confidentiality regarding potentially sensitive information.
- Attendance at some local meetings and trainings as needed. May attend the annual grantee meeting with Project Director.
- Provide administrative support the Program Director and Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain detailed project schedules and related checklists and timetables to meet project deadlines; notify responsible parties of approaching deadlines in a timely manner.
- Draft, edit and format correspondence and presentations as requested.
- Plan and coordinate meetings and events.
- Coordinate logistics and develop reporting materials to support project initiatives Act as recording secretary), preparing agendas and minutes, collecting information, and assembling materials for distribution.
- Maintain accurate and complete electronic and hard copies of files and data.
- Meet organizational informational needs by providing records, reports, correspondence or other specific information.
- Serve as backup resource to callers seeking general information about the organization.
- Provide ad-hoc analytical, research, and project management support, as needed.
- Participate in planning and coordinating management meetings including but not limited to managing logistics, note-taking and preparation and distribution of minutes.
- Maintain updated contact lists for partner organizations.
- Participate fully and collaboratively in staff and team management work groups.
- Interact harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing on the attainment of organizational goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Keep current on all professional and organizational training.
- Represent PCC in a professional and informed manner.
- Ensure all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1993, the Primary Care Coalition (PCC)’s mission is to improve the health of vulnerable individuals and families by building partnerships and strengthening systems. PCC works with clinics, hospitals, health care providers, and other community partners to coordinate health services for the most vulnerable members of our community.
As an organization, PCC values collaboration; integrity; innovation; programmatic excellence; community engagement and health equity. We offer a dynamic work environment, which respects work-life balance and truly values and supports its employees.
PCC’s main office is located in downtown Silver Spring, MD and is accessible by metro and multiple bus lines. PCC offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, vacation, sick and personal leave as well as a 403(b) retirement plan.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Requires ability to learn new software applications as necessary.
- Must be able to travel locally, up to 30%.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include cover letter and writing sample.