Reports to: Director of Advocacy
Location: New York, NY
This position is full-time, temp to perm
General Advocacy Work
- Assist with advocacy communications, including:
o Drafting content for quarterly newsletters
o Assisting in weekly newsletter content
o Formatting approved content for quarterly and weekly department newsletters using Salsa Engage
- Respond to incoming advocacy inquiries; serving as a resource to constituents seeking guidance regarding Title IX and gender equity issues
- Monitor advocacy issues in the news, flagging relevant items for WSF attention
- Sports Advocacy Network (SAN): assist in managing logistics for the event including invites, RSVPs, PowerPoint
- Support all advocacy related projects as needed
· Coordinate promotional efforts for WSF mobile game PLAY IX, including concerted outreach to target markets and monitoring of metrics
· Liaise with developers to ensure proper maintenance and smooth running of PLAY IX.
National Girls and Women in Sports Day Coalition
- Under the guidance of Director of Advocacy, manage the NGWSD Coalition
- Coordinate with Education department for smooth DC-based girl serving event
- Conduct outreach to colleges and youth serving organizations to encourage and cultivate community-based events
- Fulfills requests and completes assignments in a timely manner, including meeting established deadlines.
- Attends and participates as a positive contributor in staff, department and project team meetings.
- Contributes to the maintenance of good working relationships with all team members through a positive and constructive approach to all tasks, respect for the competency of others and adherence to WSF policies.
- If applicable, supervises interns, volunteers, staff or third party consultants under their direction in a manner that demonstrates a clear delineation of work, the ability to hire/retain quality relationships, to keep a commitment to diversity in hiring and to promote professional growth for subordinates.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite (primarily: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills; strong attention to detail, keen focus on quality and ability to proof/edit.
- Strong understanding of women’s sports and diversity and inclusion initiatives, including LGBT rights and civil rights.
- Passion for mission of the WSF.
- Quick learner who is organized, detail and deadline oriented with ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, both independently and on a team.
In 2015, the Women’s Sports Foundation adopted the “Hucles Rule,” a hiring guideline that states that an elite athlete must be interviewed for each WSF job opening. The Women’s Sports Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefit package included upon permanent employment status: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance provided at no cost to employee. Pension, Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal time
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to Natoya Curd, Director, Operations & Administration at HR@WomensSportsFoundation.org. No Calls Please.