GreatSchools is the leading national nonprofit empowering parents to unlock educational opportunities for their child. We are looking for a Data Analyst to help us extract, transform and load educational data for display on our website. If you love working with data and want to use your talents to help tens of thousands of parents every day find the right school for their child then this position is for you.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Engineering. It is a full time, exempt position located in Oakland, CA. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace -- education is a universal concern and we need people from all backgrounds to help parents navigate their options.
- Key player in the data pipeline. Take raw data supplied by state DOEs, etc, and transform it for internal and external consumption.
- Become proficient in our data schemas -- where and how data is stored, and why. This includes starting to understand the complex interplay between data and web/feed code.
- Gain an understanding of our data tools, pipelines and processes. Use this with support from Engineering to implement small-scale tool and process enhancements that support increased automation and quality control of data loading
- Perform thorough quality assurance analysis before and after loading data and participate in quality assurance on the work of other members of the data team
- Support Engineering in solving data architecture problems
- Support Data Science in implementing scalable processes e.g. creating new database infrastructure, writing scalable R code, etc.
- Assist in size and difficulty assessment for acquired data loads
- Participate in code reviews
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Hands on experience with a programming/statistical computing language
- Ability to apply a detail-oriented, critical eye to data quality
- Able to prioritize work, manage multiple projects and work within tight deadlines
- Good communicator and strong contributor to team projects
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, along with your résumé here. Your cover letter should include reasons why you want to work at GreatSchools. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.