Disability:IN is the leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide. Our network of more than 400 corporations expands opportunities for people with disabilities across enterprises. Our organization and 25 affiliates raise a collective voice of positive change for people with disabilities in business.
Disability:IN promotes disability inclusion by heightening awareness, advising corporations, and sharing proven strategies for including people with disabilities in the workplace, supply chain, and marketplace. We expand opportunities for people with disabilities by helping companies invigorate their disability initiatives, explore best practices, incorporate culture changes, and realize positive business outcomes.
The Corporate Relations Coordinator will use strong entrepreneurial, collaborative, critical thinking, and team skills to help the organization achieve significant growth in both scale and impact. The Corporate Relations Coordinator will support development programs primarily on corporate engagement and communication functions and fundraising programs. The position requires the management of Disability:IN’s corporate relationships and work with the Manager and EVP of Corporate Relations to create the best approach for each corporate donor and superior customer service aligned with our core values and mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with a team to create and implement engagement, communication, and fundraising initiatives focusing on relationship management.
· Assist with partner engagement by attending and following up on onboarding calls.
· Work closely with existing and prospective partners to discuss their needs, develop proposals based on these needs, and match them with programs that optimize their goals.
· Organize and monitor inter-connected projects (including the Disability Equality Index, Supplier Diversity initiatives, Student initiatives, various committees, and conference planning) to advance Disability:IN’s mission.
· Assist in researching prospective partners.
· Independently research, prioritize, and follow up on multiple incoming issues, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
· Assist with scheduling, notetaking, mass communications, and drafting emails for the corporate relations team
· Track partner data in Salesforce for Corporate Relations team and keep up to date.
· Manage spreadsheets and surveys for a variety of initiatives
· Assist in assembling materials for current and prospective corporate partners.
· Play a key role in the planning process for Disability:IN’s Annual Conference including registration, logistics, and tracking
· Create meeting agendas, gather materials, track attendance, and take notes for several leadership committees
· Maintain a solid understanding of Disability, its programs and initiatives, history and goals.
· Manage pre-meeting functions, including pitch, presentations, and proposals.
· Review corporate partnership and cause-marketing trends and identify opportunities to incorporate these trends where appropriate.
Work Environment and Travel Requirements
· Disability:IN is a fully remote organization; employees are expected to operate independently from a home office.
· Position requires occasional domestic travel at least 2-3 times a year.
· Occasional night and weekend work may be required.
Education and Experience:
· B.A./B.S. degree preferred and at least five years in a corporate sponsorship-related position
· Strong and clear communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to thrive and work effectively as part of a small team in a fast-paced and rapidly growing development program, in addition to remaining self-motivated and goal-oriented.
· Excellent computer skills, specifically MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Salesforce
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve, and multitask.
· Significant prospect research experience.
· Ability to build rapport with sponsors and their team, committee members, and the Disability:IN team with diplomacy, discretion, and customer-service orientation.
· Essential to have a strong interest in Disabilitiy:IN’s mission and our partners philanthropic mission.
Salary and Benefits:
· Starting salary commensurate with experience.
· Future salary adjustments will be based on individual and organizational performance.
· Disability:IN offers generous benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, a retirement plan, flex spending accounts, and unlimited paid time off.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Proficiency with various social media platforms, and networking platforms. Proficiency with Salesforce preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of communication principles and practices.
· Ability to prioritize and multitask, with attention to detail and the capacity to meet deadlines with minimal direction.
· Outstanding project management and organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently, demonstrate flexibility, and juggle multiple and varied job assignments.
· An interest in, passion for, and commitment to Disability:IN’s core mission.
· The ability to speak up, contribute observations and ideas, and offer foresight about how to best fill gaps and solve problems.
· A personable and professional demeanor, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with Disability:IN’s constituents.
· A commitment to demonstrating a high level of truthfulness, integrity, reliability, and honesty with work time and responsibilities.
· A high tolerance for ambiguity; must be flexible and comfortable with unstructured time.
· Driven, self-motivated, and willing to take initiative, with a willingness to pitch in when and where needed.
· Must be a team player and collaborate respectfully and inclusively with others across the organization.
· Sound judgment; knowing when to handle or escalate issues to managers and others.
The Corporate Relations Coordinator may be required to perform other duties as
requested, directed, or assigned.
Disability:IN is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disability:IN is the leading nonprofit resource for business disability inclusion worldwide. Our network of more than 400 corporations expands opportunities for people with disabilities across enterprises. Our…