T’ruah seeks a full-time Program Assistant to join our team. Under the supervision of the Director of Organizing and reporting to the Program Team, the Program Assistant serves a critical role in a fast-growing organization at the forefront of the Jewish human rights movement. The ideal candidate will take initiative and assume ownership of projects, possess experience in program implementation, and will be passionate about social justice from a Jewish perspective, and about Jewish life. The Program Assistant will manage and maintain our database of supporter engagement records, support the senior members of the Program Department in the implementation and administration of T’ruah’s campaigns and initiatives, and assist T’ruah’s constituents in accessing and maximizing T’ruah’s resources.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Implement program data management plan and maintain clean, accurate, and complete records of supporter engagement
- Plan and manage event and program logistics
- Implement online communications, and social media vehicles as needed
- Administer outreach for T’ruah’s synagogue-based educational programs
- Build and manage online registration systems
- Support campaign development and research
- Support the programming team as needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to take ownership of projects
- Familiarity with online platforms and databases (e.g., Salesforce)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passion for social justice from a Jewish perspective, and for Jewish life
- Program & event planning and implementation experience
- Social justice organizing experience a plus
Starting Salary: $40,000
T’ruah: The Rabbinic Call for Human Rights brings together rabbis and cantors from all streams of Judaism, together with all members of the Jewish community, to act on the Jewish imperative to respect and advance the human rights of all people. Grounded in Torah and our Jewish historical experience and guided by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, we call upon Jews to assert Jewish values by raising our voices and taking concrete steps to protect and expand human rights in North America, Israel, and the occupied Palestinian territories.
T’ruah is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law. Women, transgender people, veterans and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please write “Program Assistant” in the subject line. The cover letter will be used as a writing sample. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. In the cover letter, please indicate where you heard about the position. No phone calls, please.