Techbridge Girls champions equity in STEM education and fair access to economic opportunity for all girls. No exceptions.
Our mission is to level the playing field and empower girls from low-income communities to achieve upward mobility and financial stability. To achieve our mission, we design high-quality, fun STEM programs and learning experiences and we train educators to deliver our unique programs to marginalized girls across the U.S. For more information, please visit www.techbridgegirls.org.
Techbridge Girls is looking for a full-time Communications Manager to work in our Oakland, CA office. We are looking for a passionate, self-starter who can re-energize our communications -- elevate our CORE brand, tell compelling stories, and position Techbridge Girls to serve 1 MILLION girls by 2030!
Reporting to the Vice-President of Development, the Communications Manager will set, guide, and implement the strategy for all communication, website, and public relations and collateral to consistently articulate Techbridge Girls’ mission. The Communications Manager will work closely with Development and other staff across sites, and play an integral role in the success of Techbridge Girls’ year-round development and outreach efforts. As Techbridge Girls’ begins to rebrand, the Communications Manager will play a lead role in developing content and collateral for the brand, and supporting its roll out.
Our ideal candidate is organized, strategic, and works well under pressure. As a member of the Techbridge Girls team, we are also looking for someone who is collaborative, a relationship builder, innovative, and responsive to feedback.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● In collaboration with the Vice President of Development, assist with the implementation of the annual development plan, with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes, and timelines which will achieve budgeted goals.
● Generate content and manage communications for annual and special fundraising campaigns, including direct mail and other solicitations.
● Help secure general operating funds and program grants.
● Assist with leading, developing and managing special events.
● Participate in fundraising training and assist with integrating Techbridge Girls board members and staff team into the fundraising strategies.
● Assist with drafting and submitting new and renewal grant proposals and follow up reports.
● Design and execute a year-round communications effort that articulates the mission, work, and impact of Techbridge Girls to donors, volunteers, program participants, families, and other external stakeholders.
● Supervise the generation of content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Manage the development, creation, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, appeals, event collateral, brochures, annual reports, and Techbridge Girls’ website.
● Monitor, track and analyze the effectiveness of communication activities and provide data driven strategies and tactics.
● Manage Techbridge Girls’ website, keeping content dynamic, fresh, accurate, and updated.
● Manage and distribute the bi-monthly e-newsletter and lead other email campaigns for the organization. Tasks include: writing articles, designing layouts, conducting story interviews, and managing email list.
● Strengthen and expand our social media presence, including use of advertising channels.
● Provide leadership and speech writing expertise to Chief Executive Officer and Senior Leadership.
This is a full-time position, based out of the Techbridge Girls Oakland, CA office. Techbridge Girls offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. All applicants must meet the criminal history check review standards.
Level of Language Proficiency
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● 3-5 years of communications experience, ideally in an “in-house” leadership role within a complex nonprofit entity, covering areas such as website content, newsletters, and donor communications.
● The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and compelling messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
● Highly collaborative style. Experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
● Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills. Knows how to craft and tell stories.
● A strong track record as someone who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
● Positive energy, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
● Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
● Entrepreneurial and innovative.
● Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Exceeds proficiency in digital platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Analytics, MailChimp, Hootsuite or other social media management tool, and other social and digital applications.
● Working knowledge of database management, content management systems, and design and web software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, After Effect and Audition.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and compensation expectations with “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Techbridge Girls is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce.