14 West 2nd Street
Title: Outreach Education Specialist
Work Location: Chester Upland and Upper Darby schools and Media Office
Reports to: Community Engagement Manager
FLSA: Full time- Non-Exempt
The Domestic Abuse Project (DAP) of Delaware County works to prevent domestic violence and empower victims to move towards self-sufficiency. DAP provides counseling, advocacy, legal services and emergency shelter to victims.
The Outreach Education Specialist is a key part of DAP’s outreach program and will provide preventive education through school based programming in specific targeted areas. School based programs provide students with important information about the different forms of abuse, red flags, how to help a friend, and how and when to callout harassing behaviors. Programs explore healthy conflict resolution skills, safety tips and teen specific resources for those who may be experiencing dating violence and provide clear, age-appropriate, accurate information to youth in an engaging manner.
Qualified candidates will be comfortable presenting to youth and facilitating small groups. This position is a full-time position, with benefits.
- Strict adherence to the DAP confidentiality policies & procedures, complete the required 45 hour domestic violence and mandated reporter trainings
- Develop presentations, workshops, and curriculum for students of various ages and backgrounds
- Facilitate 6-8 week sessions of prevention programming for multiple groups across the districts
- Market domestic violence presentations to Chester and Upper Darby schools and youth serving community organizations
- Provide education and awareness programs to the Chester Upland, Upper Darby, and school districts middle schools and high schools
- Provide education and awareness programs to Chester and Upper Darby youth group and youth serving organizations
- Provide DAP representation at community awareness events
- Prepare educational packets & outreach materials for programs
- Research new topics & materials relevant to teen dating violence
- Assist with Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month & Domestic Violence Awareness Month activities and awareness campaigns
- Assist with DAP’s 45 hour domestic violence training
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience:
- Professional demeanor, strong public speaking and interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of teen dating violence and/or domestic violence is preferred
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience working with youth preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work or related field
- Two years’ experience working in a non-profit agency
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must pass a background check
- 45 hour domestic violence training required prior to start
DAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, ethnicity, color, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, handicap, religion, medical condition, sex, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required