Details: Salary: $40,000
The Bronx Institute is a CUNY institute located at Lehman College. The vision of the BI is to transform the lives of Bronx and other New York City area youth by improving their educational outcomes. Our efforts are focused on closing the achievement gap by increasing high school graduation rates as well as college readiness, acceptance and retention in schools that maximize each student’s potential. It provides students enrolled in Bronx schools with academic support, early awareness and preparation for college studies.
The Institute works collaboratively with Bronx schools, community-based organizations, colleges and other service providers in the planning, promotion and delivery of academic services. These services accelerate academic achievement, improve student performance and ensure high school graduation along with admission to college. The administrative team is responsible for understanding and assuring compliance with RFCUNY federal, city and state grant guidelines. The administrative team has three main functions at BI: fiscal control, data and providing support for all programs, events and activities.
The BI Administrative Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the BI Assistant Director and will have administrative responsibilities for supporting the programs at the Bronx Institute.
Skills and Qualifications
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, students, parents and partner schools
2. Knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Excel, as well as other programs such as PDF software
3. Exceptional organizational skills including the ability to coordinate calendars and meetings
4. Skillful at gathering information for reports and activities
5. Able to organize and send information to parents, students and staff
6. Fast and accurate note-taker
The BI Administrative Assistant should be:
· Able to manage multiple priorities with moderate supervision
· Able to understand and comply with timelines and deadlines
The BI Administrative Assistant will have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years’ proven experience in an administrative position.
1. Support BI Assistant and Associate Directors while working closely with other BI Administrative Assistants
2. Create, coordinate and maintain calendars of activities
3. Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and prioritizing information
4. Plan and schedule meetings
5. Take notes, prepare and distribute meeting minutes
6. Support all BI programs and activities
7. Perform daily office duties and other program-related tasks
Research Foundation City University of New York offers comprehensive benefits.
Minimum Education Required