Details: Commensurate with prior teaching experience and education
1404 Franklin Street
Leadership Public Schools is seeking High School Chemistry Teachers interested for openings for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year.
About Our Organization:
Leadership Public Schools (LPS) is a network of urban charter high schools whose mission is to create educational equity. We empower students for college, career, and community leadership and share our practices on a national scale. LPS has been recognized for closing the achievement gap and fostering a culture of innovation.
LPS values the role teachers play in supporting student achievement and personal development. Our teachers value collaboration, celebrate diversity in perspective and background, take risks, and show flexibility to continuously improve instruction and student learning.
We are seeking teachers who believe:
- all students can learn at high levels
- all students deserve an education that prepares them for college, career and community leadership
- schools play a vital role in promoting social justice and disrupting patterns of inequity
We are seeking teachers who have demonstrated:
- a commitment to working with the communities we serve
- academic expertise and an enthusiasm to work with young people
- reflection and growth after struggle, failure and/or feedback
- powerful collaboration within a team
Applicants should be prepared to learn about or lead on:
- creating culturally responsive classrooms that develop a sense of belonging for all students
- providing access to rigorous learning that leads to results for all learners
- utilizing of data to refine curricula and inform instruction
- leveraging technology to drive student achievement
- contributing to student development and leadership outside of the classroom
Why We Work at LPS:
LPS is driven by a deep respect for our teachers and staff, and a commitment to the professionalization of teaching. We embrace collaboration, risk-taking, and flexibility in order to improve instruction and student learning.
We treat our staff well at LPS! We offer a competitive and generous benefit package that includes the following:
- Choice of Kaiser or Anthem health care plans
- 100% employee vision and dental coverage
- Disability and Life insurance
- FSA Medical, Dependent Spending account
- State Teachers' Retirement (STRS)
- Option to participate in voluntary benefits (i.e., Aflac, Commuter Checks and Life Lock)
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required