The Admissions Officer works with the Director, Admissions to identify, recruit and admit qualified candidates to our three academic programs: Scholars, Young Scholars and College Scholars. The process includes travel throughout New Jersey and surrounding states to conduct information sessions and school visits for interested students, parents, and community organizations; establish relationships with schools and key community members; and supporting both the SEEDS staff and the applicant families during the admissions process.
This is a great fit for someone interested in a mix of sales and data management. You will be the face of SEEDS for many students hearing about our program for the first time. Enthusiasm and attention to detail are keys to success for this role. This is a full-time, non-exempt role.
SEEDS – Access Changes Everything (founded in 1992 as NJ SEEDS) is a privately funded, nonprofit organization. We change the lives of motivated, high-achieving students from low-income families by transforming their educational opportunities. With 160 students per year and more than 2,900 graduates, every member of SEEDS’ 25-person main office staff and 75-person site staff understands how their work contributes to students’ success every day.
Carry the story of SEEDS enthusiastically and persuasively throughout all tasks. This person develops their own expertise of the program, and is able to be a public-facing member of the team.
· Relationships building – increase awareness of SEEDS’ academic programs within targeted areas and establishing relationships with key stakeholders
· Communication – Develop and execute all communication strategies and protocol for the inquiry and admissions process; be first point of contact for prospective families, school staff, and other partners; track and follow up with interested applicants, schools, community organizations and other stakeholders
· Database –process all electronic submissions (inquiries, nominations and applications), admissions paperwork, and will be responsible for maintaining data integrity in the database.
Like everyone at SEEDS, this role will perform other organization-wide duties and responsibilities, as needed.
This position requires:
· Work on some weekends and evenings
· Travel around New Jersey and beyond (reimbursed)
· A valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle for business purposes (reimbursed)
· Use of a personal cell phone (partially reimbursed)
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Administrative experience preferred, experience working in an independent school admissions office and/or college admissions office a plus
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, database experience preferred
· A deep belief in the importance of an excellent education and SEEDS’s mission
· Strong public speaking and presentation skills
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaker preferred
· The salary for this role has a range that starts at $36,000.
· Medical, dental and vision benefits/Health and flexible spending accounts
· 401k retirement Plan with an employer-matching component
We encourage and support diversity and inclusion in our workplace. SEEDS – Access Changes Everything aims to select, place and train the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
The Admissions Officer works with the Director, Admissions to identify, recruit and admit qualified candidates to our three academic programs: Scholars, Young Scholars and College Scholars. The process includes travel throughout New…