Details: Hourly compensation
30-20 Thomson Avenue
About the Bard Early Colleges
The Bard Early Colleges are founded on the belief that many high school age students are eager and ready for the intellectual challenges of a college education. The Bard Early Colleges provide adolescents with a rigorous, credit-bearing, tuition-free college course of study in the liberal arts and sciences following the 9th and 10th grades.
About the Alumni Engagement Coordinator Role
The Bard Early Colleges Network, which provides central oversight and resources to the Bard Early College campuses, seeks a part-time Alumni Engagement Coordinator (20 hours/week) to join its growing team. The position is based in Long Island City, Queens and will report to the Development Officer.The BEC community encompasses more than 5,000 alumni across 9 different school communities. The Alumni Engagement Coordinator will strengthen ties between the Bard High School Early Colleges (BHSECs) and the alumni community with a focus on the New York City/Tri-State area.
This is an exciting time to join the team as we celebrate the 15th anniversary of the first graduating class of BHSEC Manhattan and the 10th anniversary at BHSEC Queens.
- Oversee alumni data collection and maintain accurate records
- Coordinate and execute all logistics for alumni events
- Foster connections between current students and alumni networks
- Recruit volunteers and organize alumni volunteer opportunities
- Working closely with the Development Officer, support fundraising activities, including direct appeals and individual outreach
- Manage social media accounts (aimed both at each school’s alumni communities as well as the broader early college network)
- Source and develop content for alumni newsletters. Writing and editing content as needed.
- Additional administrative support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience preferably in a non-profit setting
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment as a team player and to take initiative
- Excellent organizational, time management, and creative problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Command of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Passion for advancing educational equity and excellence
- Candidates with database experience a plus
Location: Queens, NY
Expected start date: October or November 2018
Minimum Education Required