Details: Based on experience
2270 Beaver Rd
Heart of America® Project Manager
Job Title: Project Manager
Manager: Senior Manager, Impact and Evaluation
Position Objective: The Heart of America (HOA) Project Manager (PM) will lead projects, including space makeovers and resource distributions, from the conceptual phase through the execution of the project event and wrap up. Strong communication and organizational skills will be used to coordinate with internal HOA stakeholders, engage external stakeholders in active participation, and facilitate all tasks and deliverables to execute highly engaging and impactful project. This person leads in the mission of providing communities with modern learning environments in which students can learn and grow. The Project Manager is at the forefront of overseeing space transformations and providing engaging experiences for all stakeholders.
Key Teams/People: Senior Manager, Impact and Evaluation, Vice President, Programs; Innovation Team; Operations Team; Communications Team; Design Team and the larger Project Management Team.
· Coordinate and execute HOA space makeover and resource distribution projects, including budget management, project preparation and planning, on-site preparation and event day logistics/management.
· Coach community partners throughout project planning period and follow-up after end of project.
· Manage and promote relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring strong and sustainable partnerships as well as lead HOA staff, temporary employees, and volunteers on project sites.
· Oversee and track deliverables as well as shipping logistics for all managed projects.
· Assist fellow Project Managers on selected projects as on-site staff or in completing pre-event deliverables.
Time and Tasks:
Coordinate and execute HOA space makeover and resource distribution projects, including budget management, project preparation and planning, on-site preparation and event day logistics/management. (35%)
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of assigned project in collaboration with internal team, sponsors, and local partners.
- Maintain, track and update budgets for each associated project. Ensure that invoices and expenses are reviewed, approved, and reconciled adhering to protocol and deadlines.
- Collaborate with all pertinent HOA departments: Design, Communications, Innovation, and Operations to ensure all deliverables are accounted for as well as flag any budgetary or timeline concerns within these areas, related to the project(s).
- Develop, maintain and update project procedures based on current best practices or in response to specific sponsor needs.
- Identify and initiate innovative project/program solutions and efficiencies to improve internal/external outcomes and results.
- Conduct research/knowledge sharing on school communities, including political, economic and social matters, and coordinate outreach accordingly.
- Manage and engage teams of volunteers, including corporate, local, and youth volunteers.
- Organize travel arrangements for participating team, including flight, lodging, and local transportation.
- Provide input into design for revitalized educational spaces.
- Develop and manage construction schedule with Innovation team and oversee contractors as needed.
- Work in partnership with organizational teams to research and secure vendors for makeover, including but not limited to construction contractors, photographer or videographer, signage, furniture and décor, and food/catering.
- Manage on-site media relations in conjunction with designated HOA Spokesperson.
Coach community partners throughout project planning period and follow-up after end of project. (15%)
- Clearly outline expectations of project outcomes, local community responsibilities, HOA commitment, and follow-up requirements with local school community and related partners.
- Provide school community with a timeline and checklist of expectations, to be reviewed and updated on a weekly basis to ensure project stays on track.
- Serve as main point of contact with the local school community and other partners, providing regular updates and working collaboratively to ensure everything is in place for ribbon cutting/event day.
- Respond to regular ongoing partner inquiries regarding the project.
- Manage and promote relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring strong and sustainable partnerships as well as lead HOA staff, temporary employees, and volunteers on project sites. (20%)
- Facilitate/participate in weekly or periodic conference calls and meetings with sponsors and school representatives to ensure tasks and timelines are clear and overall program objectives and goals are met.
- Establish and manage strong working relationships with project partners.
- Develop supporting materials/documents to guide stakeholders through timelines to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Provide outstanding customer service and ensure overall HOA program excellence.
- Work with Communications to lead PR conference calls and interact with PR professionals.
- Update and edit media alerts; ensure appropriate branding and signage for ribbon cutting.
- Collect and coordinate VIP invitations.
- Lead HOA team, temporary employees, and volunteers during event preparation and through event day
Oversee and track deliverables and shipping logistics for all projects (15%)
- Work with Director of Operations to order and track all technology, books, furniture and supplies for all projects
- Track all large shipments via HOA vendors
Assist Project Managers on selected makeover projects. (15%)
- Support transformation projects on location by assisting with all prep needs regarding space transformations and volunteer engagement. This may include: inventorying supplies, running errands, painting, cleaning, moving/building furniture, installing artwork/flooring, etc.
- While on location, serve in the role of volunteer lead by directing anywhere between 5 – 50 volunteers in a designated role
- Meet strict deadlines on a consistent basis
· Effectively interact with all groups (sponsor, school, district, VIPs, etc.) involved in a project
· Establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without close supervision
- Event management for medium to large scale events
· Highly organized and skilled at managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work consistently with remote colleagues on a day-to-day basis and juggle core duties simultaneously while on site for project execution
· Experience in a team-based environment
- Ability to develop and direct long-term projects
- Strong work ethic; self-starter
· Significant travel (40%), evening and weekend work when required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Track record of maintaining and adhering to project budgets
· Experience with volunteer management and support
· Events management
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive an SUV, U-Haul or mini-van
- Demonstrated experience with AmeriCorps, Habitat, Red Cross, KaBOOM!, or other volunteer-based organization a plus
- Basic DIY/light construction skills a plus
One day vacation and one day sick time per month plus all federal holidays. Health benefits available. Flexible scheduling. Remote work possible
Level of Language Proficiency
Working knowledge of Spanish helpful but not necessary
Minimum Education Required