1 Congress Street
At the Social Innovation Forum (SIF), we support the growth and development of nonprofit organizations that drive meaningful change in our community. We accelerate the reach and impact of these organizations through education, engagement, and connections to funders, investors, and volunteers who are ready to provide on-the-ground support and guidance to support progress and sustainability.
The Communications & Events Coordinator is a critical member of the SIF team whose work sits at the center of SIF’s efforts to engage a range of supporters in its work and deliver high quality programs. This role is a great opportunity for a growing professional with deep interest in expanding their skillset in nonprofit marketing, communications, and special events while being part of some of the most innovative and exciting social impact work happening in greater Boston.
SIF is a vibrant organization with a deep commitment to creating positive social change. We work in a fast-paced environment that values learning and an entrepreneurial approach. Knowing its importance to the success of our work, SIF is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Please be sure to submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization. We appreciate your time and will review and respond to all applications received.
- Communications, marketing & external relations (60%)
- Work with the Director of Strategy & Operations to develop and implement an integrated, organization-wide strategic communications plan, including an annual communications calendar
- Support the development of all print and branded materials and all copy intended for public consumption to ensure alignment with the communications plan
- Draft and/or edit internal and external communication pieces to ensure high quality and alignment with key messages and brand strategy. Includes: blog posts, press releases, newsletter/annual report, appeal letters, grant proposals, website content, social media, brochures, email campaigns, and other materials
- Build “story bank” of people and organizations impacted by SIF to assist in performance measurement and organizational impact assessment
- Manage SIF’s social media presence to effectively build online engagement
- Execute required updates to existing website content and ensure messaging is applied to new content development
- Work with senior team to identify and prioritize outreach opportunities, including media placements, conferences, or other speaking engagements. Prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed
- event planning & execution (35%)
- Independently project manage the planning of SIF’s high profile, public-facing events: the Social Innovator Showcase (and two follow-up mini-Showcases), the Winter Reception, and the Social Issue Talk Series.
- Develop a systematic approach to events management, including venue booking, vendor management and payment, budgeting, rsvp management, follow-up communications, and internal processes and procedures.
- Create event-related collateral materials, including invitations, signage, program books, handouts, and PowerPoint decks as well as scripts, talking points, and schedules.
- Work cross-functionally with the program, fundraising, and operations teams to develop and oversee annual events calendar.
- Team responsibilities (5%)
- Working within a small, growing, entrepreneurial environment, every staff member is expected to assist the broader SIF team as needed.
- There may be opportunities for this Coordinator to supervise and/or mentor interns or co-op students as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & MINDSET
While there is no perfect resume, we will likely be most interested in your application if you fulfill most or all of the following:
- Exceptional organizational skills, and detail orientation
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to develop productive working relationships across a wide variety of individuals and groups by phone and in person
- Strong commitment to SIF’s mission and values
- Ability to see projects through from beginning to end and experience in efficiently and effectively managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong oral and written communications skills and an ability to craft compelling stories
- Flexibility and willingness to work and learn in a small, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Familiarity with email communications tools (Constant Contact), website content management systems (Drupal), and social media platforms a strong preference
- Graphic design and/or photography experience a plus
- Due to SIF’s event schedule, a willingness to work some early mornings and evenings is required for this position
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of relevant professional experience in one of core areas outlined in the key responsibilities
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The Social Innovation Forum offers a robust compensation and benefit package including high quality health and dental insurance, three weeks of paid vacation, and access to a retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required