Position summary: The Executive Director position is responsible for the implementation of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s (Foundation) mission through board and volunteer development. This individual will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the community. The Executive Director provides professional leadership and staff management to the Northern California Chapter and management oversight of the Sacramento Community Director. In addition, the Executive Director is responsible for individual and foundation gifts and other event activity. The Executive Director must be willing to travel to various markets in the Northern California market as needed.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Work with the chapter president in developing, recruiting and engaging local boards and committees.
- Identify, recruit and train volunteers who have potential to be door openers, doers and/or donors for Foundation fundraisers and patient programs.
- Provide guidance to volunteers in carrying out assignments and recognition for their time and effort.
- Create working committees as well as provide leadership and guidance to committees.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with board members, volunteers and donors.
- Maintain positive relationships with leaders in the philanthropic community and with affiliated community organizations i.e. Combined Federal Campaign, Combined Health Agencies and Chamber of Commerce, Rotary etc.
- Collaboration, cultivation, identification and recruitment of revenue partners in order to maximize impact on special events.
- Execute fundraising techniques to meet revenue targets through special events, individual and foundation gifts and other chapter activities.
- Responsible for identifying local major gift prospects and for collaborating with national major gift team.
- In cooperation with the Take Steps Manager, help to identify volunteer walk leadership and corporate sponsorship.
- Implement the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate and foundation participation and donations.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Coordinate marketing and promotion for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Partner with media outlets and cultivate relationships to maximize awareness of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation brand.
- Participate in enterprise wide activities such as GI visits, donor events, major education events, Team Challenge information meetings, Take Steps Walk and any other chapter wide activities.
- Offer advice and assistance to chapter staff and encourage camaraderie in the work environment.
- Provide leadership to chapter staff by facilitating communication across functional areas.
- Maintain communication and collaboration with regional and national directors.
- Direct administration of chapter financials, budget and operational plans.
- Drive a financial ratio margins to meet overall chapter performance guidelines.
- BA/BS degree
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising or association management, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation, public relations and stewardship.
- Previous experience in the Identifying, recruiting and partnering with volunteers
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic thinking, committee leadership, account management and volunteer development.
- Experience with influence management and persuasive authority over employees.
- Experience in varied forms of communications including – mass media, advertising and community relations, as they relate to the health care service industry
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Convio.