255 S. Marion
Creates, develops, and directs a strategic approach to maximize an outcomes-based membership program for the West Cook YMCA service area. This includes recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and overall direction of the membership staff team to ensure that the Member Engagement Program is successful in enhancing member value and experience.
- Ensure your department’s financial benchmarks +/- 3% of budget to actual by, effectively managing day to day operations, driving revenue, and monitoring departmental expenses
- Enable proactive, clear, effective and timely internal communications in order to ensure a positive and consistent member experience.
- Identify, collect and interpret data so that it enables informed decision making and ensures the achievement of key performance indicators.
- Creates membership strategies to promote recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Directs membership team to achieve annual goals. Identifies and works with leadership to identify opportunities to enhance the member experience.
- Develops membership staff profiles and skill requirements, including customer service and computer skills. Identifies gaps and helps coordinate training to ensure that membership team meets set requirements. Directs overall ongoing staff assessment to ensure that staff are operationally effective and disciplined.
- Works with leadership team to coordinate program registration, and works with program directors to maximize membership conversion sales within program areas. Provides ongoing support to program directors to help with related issues.
- Develops, plans and implements procedures and methods to achieve department goals.
- Provides guidance to Public Awareness team and Marketing to ensure member recruitment in applicable opportunities, and implements marketing efforts successfully, including community events, direct mail, newspaper ads, and other marketing channels.
- Plays assigned roles in developing and nurturing new and existing partnerships and collaborations.
- Active member of the Leadership Team and performs any other duties as designated by the CEO.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
- Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
- Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
- Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
- Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience in customer service, supervision and budget management.
- Exceptional inter-personal and time management skills.
- Able to create an environment that is welcoming to all.
- Able to work in excess of 40 hours a week, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Able to walk, stand, and sit alertly for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
TO APPLY: Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
The West Cook YMCA offers complimentary Membership, a choice of two health insurance plans, a dental plan, and vision benefits. We also offer a 12% retirement plan after eligibility requirements are met and the option of a 403(b) plan. Paid sick and vacation time, and Holidays.
Minimum Education Required