27 North Main Street
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) seeks an Office Manager for its New Hampshire Advocacy Center. The Office Manager will provide executive assistance to the Advocacy Center Director (ACD) and administrative support in the following categories:
Management of Office and Office Procedures
- Manage all front desk operations, including reception.
- Manage and address building maintenance issues as they arise.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Work with IT manager to troubleshoot IT issues as they arise.
- Maintain the organization of electronic and paper documents.
- Maintain and improve the workplace and work style functionality.
- Maintain and implement systems to enhance efficiency.
- Participate in CLF Office Manager meetings as needed and communicate CLF policies to NH Office Staff.
- Executive Assistant Support to ACD
- Act as liaison with internal and external CLF contacts on behalf of ACD.
- Coordinate meetings and maintain ACD’s calendar and contacts.
- Assist ACD with development actions, including donor tracking, scheduling meetings, correspondence, etc.
- Edit and prepare documents, including correspondence, fundraising materials and communications projects on behalf of ACD.
- Administrative Support to Advocates/Attorneys
- Assist with the preparation, filing and maintenance of legal and administrative hearing documents.
- Plan travel arrangements.
- Track expenses.
- Assist advocates with tracking and reporting on various legislative initiatives of interest.
- Coordinate and submit required filings related to lobbying, bar admissions, and continuing legal education.
- Advisory Board Support
- Provide Advisory Board support, including relationship management and assignment tracking.
- Coordinate meeting dates and logistics, preparation and distribution of minutes and other materials.
- Finance Support
- Prepare and process credit card reports and expense reports for all office members.
- Process invoices and coordinate payment to outside vendors and contractors.
- Work closely with Finance staff to ensure CLF internal control policies are followed.
- Human Resources Support
- Work with ACD and Attorneys to recruit interns/externs from law schools nationwide.
- Track and process applicants for all office openings.
- Coordinate with HR Manager and Recruitment Coordinator for recruitment and policy related issues.
- Development and Communications Support
- Research individual donors, notes and giving histories in CLF’s donor database as needed.
- Assist ACD and Development department with grant application materials and budgets.
- Work with Development department to help coordinate special events, including guest list development and management, logistics, and attendance.
- Attend monthly meeting with ACD and Communications department and provide communications support, as needed, to provide clear, relevant messaging via a variety of media platforms.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- A minimum three to five years of professional work experience or equivalent; excellent knowledge of and demonstrated experience with general office procedures; excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; knowledge of basic accounting/financial concepts; excellent organizational skills; prior law office experience; and a strong commitment to CLF’s mission.
- Experience in a nonprofit, public interest advocacy setting is a plus.
- Paralegal experience is a plus, especially proficiency with electronic case management systems
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders—in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings—to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and also communities that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation. CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Salary and Benefits
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “NH OFFICE MANAGER” and attach the following materials:
- your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g. “SMITH J RESUME”);
- a detailed cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g. “SMITH J COVER”); and
- your references titled “your last name-first initial-references” (e.g., “SMITH J REFERENCES”).