The Office of Planning and Evaluation oversees the planning and evaluation needs of the agency’s 100 plus programs that serve about 60,000 clients in 6 service areas: Early Childhood Services; Family and Stabilization Services; Senior Services; Residential and Housing Services; Clinic, Rehabilitative and Recovery Services; and Care Coordination and Case Management.
Broadly, the Evaluation Data Analyst position will support a comprehensive strategy for evaluation of the agency’s programs. Specifically, she/he will be responsible for the collection, quality-checking, analysis, interpretation and visualization of program data. She/he will work with senior leadership and program teams to facilitate use of program data for program evaluation, learning and improvement. Additionally, this position will support data needed for the agency’s planning purposes, which involves, among other tasks, analysis and mapping of demographic and socio-economic data on Brooklyn and Queens.
This position plays a vital role in building an agency-wide culture of using evidence for learning and improvement. This position reports to the Evaluation Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a comprehensive, centralized reporting system that routinely collects and analyzes data on client characteristics, program outputs and program outcomes. This includes (but is not limited to) the following tasks:
o Design reporting forms using survey software program or database
o Develop and implement automated data quality checking procedures
o Develop automated processes to generate routine quarterly reports on measures of efficiency and effectiveness for Board of Trustees, senior leadership and program teams
o Communicate data findings via reports and presentations to staff with varying levels of familiarity with data
- Conduct surveys in support of the information and decision-making needs of the organization. This task covers routine surveys (e.g. agency-wide annual participant satisfaction survey of ~6,000 clients) and ad hoc surveys for specific information needs. Tasks include (but are not limited to) the following:
o Work with decision-makers to clarify research questions
o Operationalize research questions into survey questions
o Program online survey using survey software programs
o Manage administration of survey to ensure timely completion
o Conduct quality checking to ensure completeness and validity of data
o Conduct data analysis using Excel or SPSS syntax
o Prepare reports and presentations
- Provide technical data analysis support on the agency’s various Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) initiatives. CQI initiatives aim to improve the operational efficiency, quality of services and client outcomes of programs. Examples of CQI initiatives include reducing hospitalizations in clients receiving mental health services to improving job placement outcomes in youth employment programs. Tasks related to supporting these initiatives include (but are not limited to):
o Provide technical advice to program teams on how to define measures of success and how to quantify results in terms of baseline performance, target performance, and actual performance, using appropriate timeframes.
o Translate data needs into user-friendly data collection and analysis tools using Excel or surveys
o Extract and analyze data from program data systems to evaluate success of CQI initiatives.
- Support other planning and evaluation priorities as determined by the Board of Trustees and senior leadership, including but not limited to the following:
o Analysis and mapping of demographic and socio-economic data on Brooklyn and Queens using mapping software such as ArcGIS and/or Tableau.
- Support coordination of substantive pieces of the agency’s accreditation process with Council on Accreditation.
- Support with other projects, tasks and events as needed by the department.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in social work, public health, public policy, public administration, statistics, quantitative research methods, social research or related field, with substantive focus on quantitative research methods / statistics / epidemiology.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- At least 1 year of experience in quantitative research / monitoring & evaluation / data analysis in support of programs in health and human services (social services, public health, healthcare, mental health, education etc.,)
- Advanced Excel skills. For example, knowledge of pivot tables, advanced functions such as VLOOKUP and charts. Experience or interest in macros is a plus.
- Experience with writing SPSS syntax or translatable experience with other statistical software
- Advanced knowledge of statistics (measures of central tendency, dispersion and association, inferential statistics, multivariate statistical models)
- Experience in or high interest in learning mapping using ArcGIS and/or Tableau.
- Experience with data visualization (tables, charts, data dashboards)
- Experience working with large datasets
- Familiarity with the nuances/complications/imperfections of real-world program / administrative data (that are often not explicitly collected for research purposes) and ability to work with imperfect data
- Ability to translate data concepts to non-technical audiences, such as program field staff
- Ability to translate the data needs of programs into practical, user-friendly tools for data collection & analysis
- Ability to independently conduct data analysis
- High motivation to build a culture of using evidence for learning and improvement in a social services setting.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
· Ability to travel to multiple locations within the five boroughs as needed.
· Must be able to stretch and bend to retrieve files.
· Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to occasionally / lift and move up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent walking, sitting, talking, hearing and reading
We offer competitive Salary and excellent benefits. EOE/AA.
To apply please click on the link below or copy and paste in your browser:
Minimum Education Required