450 Lexington Avenue
Everytown for Gun Safety seeks a Senior Project Manager, Special Research Projects to manage report development and other special research projects. This position will focus on longer-term projects that are of strategic value to the organization.
The ideal candidate will have experience conceptualizing and conducting exceptional research, performing data analysis, drafting reports, and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a range of colleagues and departments. The candidate should be adept at working independently and with large teams, resolving complex challenges, and performing qualitative interviews. Reporting to the Research Director, the Senior Project Manager, Special Research Projects will oversee high-impact and high-profile research projects that span numerous departments and partner organizations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Strategy and Research Development
- Strengthen and expand the breadth and quality of Everytown’s research, developing high-impact reports on priority issues.
- Manage multiple research projects, and prepare and deliver presentations and reports.
- Publish analytical and credible reports, compelling advocacy materials, and other research-based products to support Everytown's legislative and non-legislative goals.
- Work closely with the Research Department to disseminate research reports and findings with the goals of pushing the organization forward and making an impact on the gun violence prevention movement as a whole.
- Support the Research Department in adapting research plans based on insights and opportunities as they arise.
- Develop evidence-based policies to reduce gun violence among children and in communities where gun homicides and assaults are prevalent. This may include analyzing legislation, legal opinions, data, and criminal court records.
- Design and contribute to internal and external events to showcase new reports and priority issues.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with relevant organizations and external partners, in cooperation with the Senior Manager responsible for outreach and external engagement.
- Work with appropriate departments to develop the rollout plan for all produced research with external partners and media, supporting Everytown’s efforts to leverage its knowledge and skills publicly.
- Represent Everytown in regional, national, and local media through interviews, in testimony in front of legislative bodies, and at high-level conferences on gun violence prevention activities, in keeping with the organization's focus.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to oversee projects that inform Everytown's policy strategy and support Everytown's progress toward goals.
- Lead quality control and vetting processes for large products and projects.
- Interact regularly with Everytown staff across all departments, including participation in relevant Pods, to ensure effective coordination and delivery of research products.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Minimum Education Required