Details: Stone Barns Center offers a salary commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, non-exempt position; some nights and weekends will be required as needed.
630 Bedford Road
Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture is a nonprofit organization on a mission to create a healthy and sustainable food system. We are working to develop a culture of eating based on what farms need to grow to build healthy soil and a resilient ecosystem. In our quest to transform the way America eats and farms, we convene changemakers, educate food citizens, train farmers, and develop agroecological farming practices.
Stone Barns Center has an immediate opening for a full-time Educator. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Food Ed., the Educator will provide administrative support for high school educational programs and teacher professional development programs; implement on-site high school intensives; and implement family and visitor experience programs.
· Support delivery of Food Ed., a high school food studies course that includes hands-on cooking, with Stone Barns Education managers and partner teachers in NYC and Westchester high schools
· Implement logistics of in-school and on-site educational programming for high school students, including scheduling, communications, transportation, scholarship management, invoicing, sourcing ingredients, packing equipment, setup, and cleanup
· Implement logistics of on-site teacher professional development programming (teacher intensives and the Summer Teacher Institute), including communications, registration, transportation, housing, reimbursement, invoicing, sourcing ingredients, setup, and cleanup
· Deliver on-site educational programming for high school intensives, leading day-long, hands-on explorations of food and farming at Stone Barns Center
· Lead private group and corporate tours and implement Visitor Experience programs
Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· 1-3 years teaching experience at the high school level preferred
· Culinary and/or farming experience preferred
· A commitment to Stone Barns’ mission and fluency in core issues related to sustainable food and agriculture
· Strong organizational abilities; careful attention to detail
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Positive interpersonal skills
· Willingness to take initiative, think and act proactively to solve problems and assess priorities, and manage a variety of tasks calmly and effectively
· Fluency in Spanish highly preferred
Stone Barns Center offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401k plans.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish highly preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Stone Barns is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.