Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives through health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $120 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Project Renewal is one of the larger social service agencies in New York City with Federal Qualified Health Center/Article 28 Diagnostic and Treatment Centers, OASAS licensed sites in addition to mobile health units. Empathic, trauma and harm reduction informed services are delivered at low or no cost without barriers to our clients who often have severe mental illnesses, co-occurring substance use disorders, and multiple chronic medical conditions.
PRI strives to promote behaviors, attitudes, and policies that enable us to work inclusively and effectively in cross-cultural situations with clients, co-workers, and community partners. We actively recruit and seek to grow and maintain a staff that is diverse along many axes, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, and national origin, disability, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Reports to the Medical Director of Psychiatric Services. Works closely with the Chief Medical Officer and Director of Healthcare Operations
· Oversees all psychiatric care at the shelter including coordination with the Embedded Nursing staff for the administration of medication
· Provides psychiatric evaluations for individuals referred for assessment of psychiatric conditions or for entitlements and housing.
· Provides psychiatric follow-up care as needed, including psychopharmacology and supportive psychotherapy. Adheres to agency policy regarding obtaining health screening and laboratory monitoring.
· Provides crisis intervention and assessment as needed.
· In collaboration with on-site nurse, provides liaison to outside psychiatric and medical providers as necessary and appropriate.
· Completes documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
· Participates in weekly clinical team meeting at shelter. Provides case consultation to interdisciplinary staff such as case managers.
· Attends bimonthly group supervision with fellow providers and attends Healthcare Department Meetings
· Willing to participate in education and training to deliver care via telepsychiatry as needed
· Participates in agency quality assurance process as requested by Medical Director.
· May participate in supervision of medical students or residents as arranged with Medical Director of Psychiatric Services.
Education Credentials and Requirements:
New York State Medical License and Registration
Board certified in Psychiatry
Experience: Working with homeless population preferred.
Licenses: Buprenorphine waiver preferred.
Communication: Must have excellent oral, writing and listening skills.
Organizational skills: The ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and create and coordinate schedules
Interpersonal skills: Must have the ability to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff.
Computer skills: Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially WORD and EXCEL
Effective September 13, 2021, all newly hired Project Renewal staff must: 1) provide one-time status verification of being fully vaccinated against Covid-19 OR 2) provide verification of first does of a two-dose series of Covid-19 vaccination.
Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives through health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7…
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); FSAs (health care, dependent care & commuter expenses); Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Generous Paid Vacation, Personal Days, Sick and Holidays
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); FSAs (health care, dependent care &…