Details: Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience is offered.
NEW YORK CARES BACKGROUND
Every year, through New York Cares, 64,000 people volunteer to help improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of fellow New Yorkers. Our volunteers provide essential services to improve education, meet immediate needs, and revitalize the city’s public spaces.
New York Cares prides itself on a culture of excellence, defined by integrity, reliability and professionalism. We have been awarded The New York Times Nonprofit Excellence Award, which recognizes outstanding management practices, and the Peter F. Drucker Award for Nonprofit Innovation. The NonProfit Times, Crain’s New York, The Princeton Review and The Wall Street Journal have all recognized New York Cares as a top-notch employer.
Reporting to the Executive Director, with a dotted line to the Chief Development Officer, the Assistant to the Executive Director and Board Liaison manages the Executive Director’s schedule, coordinates a variety of activities and initiatives with New York Cares, serving as a primary contact to the Board of Directors and taking on a variety of special projects. Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Providing administrative support to the Executive Director including strategic management of the calendar, making travel arrangements, and screening phone calls
· Managing email, including screening, forwarding and responding to emails, as appropriate, for the Executive Director
· Drafting internal and external correspondence on behalf of the Executive Director
· Overseeing board meeting logistics and working with board and staff leadership to prepare board meeting materials;
· Organize special events for the board, such as donor receptions
· Scheduling Board Committee meetings
· Coordinating with staff to prepare Executive Director and Chief Development Officer for Board member and donor meetings
· Assisting the Executive Director in keeping internal and Board-related initiatives and special projects on track
· Performing general administrative duties, such as photocopying, organizing mailings, and filing for Executive Director and Senior Team
· Completing Executive Director financial forms and check requests
· Other duties, as assigned
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· A demonstrated ability to create and implement systems to keep others organized and on-track
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to work well with and get results from a variety of stakeholders, including peers, subordinates, superiors and high-level executives
· Ability to operate with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
· Fluency in all MS Office applications, Salesforce experience highly preferred
· A commitment to doing whatever is required to get the job done
· Experience and interest in hands-on volunteer service
· Ability to juggle concurrent multiple assignments and prioritize accordingly
· Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
· Ability to remain flexible in potentially unpredictable situations
· Discretion and a professional demeanor, both in person and on the telephone
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email (include job title in the subject line) to: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.