2831 15th Street, NW
District of Columbia
This position works within the Health Equity & Community Action Department to coordinate the recruitment interventions targeting Latino Men Who Have Sex With Men, Latina Transgender Women, and Latinxs-at-Large in order to reduce the incidence of HIV & STI and to promote health-related topics within the community.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement work plan ensuring completion of LGBTQ Health Program’s deliverables, including:
a. Reaching recruitment work plan’s goals for volunteers and participants,
b. Recruiting, training and coordinating youth volunteer activities,
c. Recruiting and facilitating small-groups (HIV risk-reduction skills-building sessions),
d. Reaching work plan targets for individual group and community -level interventions.
e. Implement training based on popular education for peer educators. Co-facilitate personal development groups, skill building and other educational sessions with the target populations.
f. Coordinating and implementing formal and informal outreach activities with health promoters and volunteers,
g. Provide monthly written reports on progress meeting work plan’s goals
2. Administrate oral HIV antibody tests and provide test results as needed, including but not limited to:
a. Provide pre & post-test counseling to conduct further risk reduction and supportive counseling and referrals for early medical intervention.
b. Provide referrals and accompaniment to clients following La Clinica’s guidelines and procedures, including to the newly-diagnosed HIV positives.
c. Implement all CTR protocols and guidelines, including verification that sites have private space, materials in both English and Spanish, Rapid Test technology capabilities, condoms, hazard trash disposal, and other logistics.
3. Administrate STI tests and provide test results as needed following internal guidance.
4. Planning and implementing formal and informal outreach events to recruit hard-to-reach population to identify newly HIV positives and High-Risk Negatives.
5. Support the LGBTQ Health Program’ Services Navigation System on the HIV positives and high –risk negatives participants linking them to care, social support services and ensuring retention.
6. Update social media platforms with program’s prevention messages, calendar of activities and information;
7. Cover Empoderate Sites’ activities schedule according to the LGBTQ Health Program’s plan and guidelines;
8. Administer assigned program’s expenditure budget, ensuring expenditures according to approved budget;
9. Collect and report data from each activity following program guidelines;
10. Coordinate work related to the LGBTQ Health Program with staff within and outside La Clínica;
11. Represent La Clinica at relevant meetings and coalitions within and outside La Clinica;
12. Attend required trainings to increase/maintain skills;
13. Attend program, department, and all staff meetings and all mandatory La Clinica activities;
14. Follow La Clinica’s Code of Conduct and all other personnel Policies and Procedures;
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
· Two-years of college or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Two years minimum experience working in HIV & STI prevention/health promotion field, and/or with service delivery with young adults; experience working with sexual minority young adult preferred.
· Knowledge of Latino immigrant community in DC Metro Area and ability to work with all segments of the community.
· Two years minimum experience with designing and facilitating small-group intervention sessions.
· Two years minimum experience designing and implementing recruitment strategies for HIV & STI prevention and health promotion interventions.
· Two years minimum experience with program development and implementation, including work plans, spending plans, and programmatic reports.
· Experience with HIV & STI counseling, testing and referral activities.
· High motivation for work in the HIV & STI prevention/health promotion field.
· Strong ethical core.
· Detail oriented, self-starter, and highly organized.
· Ability to work evenings and weekends.
· Computer literate in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point), internet and data entry.
Level of Language Proficiency
· Fully bilingual Spanish/English; fluent spoken and written Spanish/English; bicultural.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates please use the link to apply!